Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

Sounds like you've been framed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Bloody hell, that's some job interview. Imagine if we made our politicians do this?! Way over the top. I bet they weren't a real company, just people with too much time on their hands.

Jigsaws?! For the love of...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Jaysus, Damo fairly ruined her punchline ther. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Is this wan realted to the guy (Hans Christian Andersen was it?) who droned on yesterday about his trek to the Isle of Wight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

Ulster Bank and the RBS have gotten a very easy ride from the media, its disgraceful what has been going on for the past three weeks.

It's not a software problem at all, it's a cash flow problem.

....allegedly. :D

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"I love it sooooo much"..

Then why are you on giving out about it....

(oh, and good afternoon everybody :-) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Something that intrigues me about this topic, is how it's always women who ring in complaining about the violence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Get your kids to play chess instead. Contact sports will always be like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

listening to this on the rte player and its crap.

advice for this woman, tell your child to get up, wait their chance, cos it will come, and then bam, capoosh. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

This topic is why my kids will never play bog-ball or stick fighting. I. Fcuking. Hate. GAA. I'm not saying soccer is better, but it seems more endemic. Just to add, my kids go to Tae Kwon Do, discipline is instilled from the outset.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

helen_lovejoy_children.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

".....I love watching the games, but don't understand the rules....."

I wonder if she was over in Poland recently

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

"So this is a rainy day fund?"

No Damien, I was just verifying what the payout would be before I get him whacked and head off to Las Vegas on my own...

"We don't discuss individual cases"
    Translation: Fúck off liveline

dvcireland wrote: »
    ".....I love watching the games, but don't understand the rules....."

I wonder if she was over in Poland recently recently

if she was in poland it might be more like: I love watching the games, ''i love going on the lash'' but don't understand the rules....."

I'd say Mooney is gonna go on some rant today about what Enda Kenny reportedly said about gay marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I'd say Mooney is gonna go on some rant today about what Enda Kenny reportedly said about gay marriage.

What did Enda say??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

This thread today
    tumbleweed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Damo: Meryvn, you know why it's happening and how it works.

Mervyn: Well I wouldn't say I know why it happens or how it works Damien.

Classic stuff :D

• Advertisement

I reckon if Damo went through every email/letter/phonecall to liveline over the past 5 years he'd be doing well to find a more boring subject than this.

RadioRetro wrote: »
    This thread today
    tumbleweed.jpg

yeah its like a funny friday on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Sounds like they were sold a plan with a fixed term instead of a whole of life plan. Trying to get life insurance in your 60's / 70's can be prohibitively expensive.

They may have been mis-sold those plans, so the Financial Ombudsman might have something to say.

Must...resist...temptation...to...ring...in...

sudzs wrote: »
    What did Enda say??

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/taoiseach-enda-kenny-called-on-to-declare-support-for-same-sex-marriages-3155436.html

(actually I thought he had made a statement, having read the headlines of one of today's newspapers.. it seems like it's more of a lack of a statement, than a statement)

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I reckon if Damo went through every email/letter/phonecall to liveline over the past 5 years he'd be doing well to find a more boring subject than this.

i dont think he'd have to go back 5 years, 7 days would be enough, Joe trying to find a living relative from a family that something happened to in 1840, now that was boring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

yeah its like a funny friday on here.
    Knew it reminded me of something!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

lol you can her Mervin mumbling and agreeing with Brian in the background, "yeah, yeah" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Paparazzo wrote: »

Does Joe sit in the graveyard where he goes on holidays sweating in case something big happens in Ireland? Something like a scandal involving a Sinn Féin TD and roundabout in Ballymun?

Or does he have an agreement with RTE that only boring topics will be covered while he is away?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

theres a John Grisham novel in this ...".are you stupid stupid stupid......."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The moral of the story is put your few bob into the credit union every month instead of giving it to greedy life assurance companies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement