Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Are those "parking angels" anything to the Guardian Angels in New York I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Man with a clipboard on Line 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

@vicwatson; No, the NY chaps protect people on the subway, the local ones put money into meters. Not quite the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

I love this man.

Doing his own traffic survey. He should get his own show.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

RadioRetro wrote: »
    @vicwatson; No, the NY chaps protect people on the subway, the local ones put money into meters. Not quite the same thing.

Noooo, really :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

the biggest offence is that the Council allowed a Petrol Garage to be built right on the roundabout there in Portarlington.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That roundabout in Portarlington is a disaster anyway... It's physically too small and the entrance and exit for the petrol station can cause confusion..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

If getting old will result in me doing indicator surveys to keep my mind active, please fcuking shoot me now. Seriously.

the biggest offence is that the Council allowed a Petrol Garage to be built right on the roundabout there in Portarlington.
    Genius.:rolleyes:

Ulster Bank are the only bank passing on the ECB rate reduction to non-tracker mortgage holders... The bad news is it will take them til about 2018 to implement it on their computer system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I am not condoling road rage, its despicable but that wan that was flashing herself her lights was contributing to the RR situation by doing so.

Yous are all very funny on here with yer posts:D

Wonder will the failed ring hunt be given more air time today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Just about to post that.
    Ashling-Cahill1_1073660t.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Wonder will the failed ring hunt be given more air time today?

of course it will, the following presentation is an idea of what could happen.

The 2 women will come on air, start saying how wonderful people were, then there'll be tears (probably lots of them), then one of them will say (the wan that lost them), i'm just devastated damien, i dont know what i'll do to replace them, damien will reply well its funny you should say that, because on the other line we have johnny do-gooder from do-gooder jewellery and he's willing to replace them.....more tears to end the show, everybody goes home happy for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Degringola

"The 'ring hunt' got under way after Imogen Gunner (31), from Dublin, had unwittingly flushed engagement and pre-engagement rings belonging to her friend Ashling Cahill (32) down the toilet at the hotel last Friday."
    from the Indo article linked above.

Could anyone please enlighten me as to what a 'pre-engagement' ring is? Is it some new Celtic tiger tradition that I haven't heard of? Does an Irish fiancee now get a pre-engagement ring as well as an engagement ring? And what about a post-engagement ring?

I feel so deprived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Degringola wrote: »
    Could anyone please enlighten me as to what a 'pre-engagement' ring is? Is it some new Celtic tiger tradition that I haven't heard of? Does an Irish fiancee now get a pre-engagement ring as well as an engagement ring? And what about a post-engagement ring?
    Fools and their money etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Today better see a big a improvement.

I'm just waiting for Eamonn Gilmore to say.

"Labour's way, or Moscow's way"..

Barge rage.

This is going to be good.

Someone get this man out of the bin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I'M calling you from inside a sleeping bag....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

1 minute in and 2 bad lines already :D, this guy sounds like he's ringing from under ground....probably the septic tank where the rings are not.

Was that a record for start of show to "Bad line"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Ah Jesus that really is a bad line,

"People could have died, Joe"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Christ this is desperate and shows only on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Missed the start, what car park on the Navan Road was this on ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

The ghost of G Ryan - 'there's a good line!'

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Man parks illegally and gets clamped shocker :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Is Joe on his holiday for a few weeks, or is he back next week?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement