Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

This is just like a radio version of a thread over in the motors forum, only you can't just skip past the waffly and boring stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Saying calm down to someone in that situation is almost guaranteed to have the opposite effect!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Some nutters out there isn't there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

you should have just talked to him, he'd have jumped out of your car with boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

The phone lines are poor, the callers are boring, the host doesn't believe any of their tedious stories ("really?"), and we've all heard this stuff a million times before.

This must be a strategy to make Joe look good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

panama wrote: »
    Some nutters out there isn't there.

Almost as bad on the roads as well :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

This sounds like the lad that was in the canal lock ....

Seriously, another call on this topic, from a year ago. C'mon Damos editor and researchers, do something, for the love of god.

So a guy follows this fella for no reason at all, did we miss the first half of the story ? Press charges for what, nothing happened ? There's piles of this story missing !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I guess this is it for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Yakuza wrote: »
    Side note - the RTE stream is only working in one headphone for me, both on the work PC and my phone - I take it it's not just me?

I thought that was just my dodgy earplugs .... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

He didn't press charges in case your man got away with it?? :confused:

What a stupid piece of logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Callan57 wrote: »
    I thought that was just my dodgy earplugs .... :mad:

Me too, until I got back to my desk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Nice word-mangling there by Damo. "Infoorating"

The word is out for disgruntled drivers with a story to tell that they can call Damo and bore the world with their road-rage tales.

_46782355_queue.jpg

"A good manners campaign". Yeah, sure, that'll work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Great, another pointless campaign that people who don't observe the social contract will just ignore anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Mary talking out of her hole next...good manners campaign..waste of time.

Judges should be handing severe penalties and no "ah sure dont be doing it again" style judgements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

ime men are Far better at letting you cross the road as a pedestrian and also letting you out in traffic in the car

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Ahhhh, we've got to the nub of her issue.... people parking outside her gaff.

It's always the men......all bastards aren't we love. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I think a march is what's needed, people need to stand up.

If you find it impossible to do 50k you shouldn't be driving. She sounds like a right road rager.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Speed limit love. It's a limit, not a target. If you don't like it, wait and pass when safe. Otherwise get to f**k.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Degringola

Does anyone else find someone flashing their lights while driving up to you aggressive? I do, but that woman yesterday seemed to think it's the thing to do when you're going to overtake the car in front. Never came accross it myself, but I wouldn't like it. Is it now a common way to signal that you're going to overtake?

Also think Irish drivers are dreadful for tailgating before overtaking on a dual carriageway/motorway. Never experienced it anywhere else.

"Your point is very well made".

Well there's our problem right there.

D'omen sounds bored out of his tree already, I wonder will he bother changing the subject today, or in the next two weeks?

The Duffer must be delighted with his stand-in.

Here we go.... the 8k ring!

LOL 12 men, no find!!! FFS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

I think flashing lights is like blowing the car horn......one flash and one little beep is fine but flashing like a lunatic and blowing hard and long is not.

Imogen.................:)

the fan hits the shlt, no ring!

• Advertisement

Degringola wrote: »
    Does anyone else find someone flashing their lights while driving up to you aggressive?

Yes. Yes I do. And no, haven't come across that "I'm about to overtake" light-flashing bollix either.

Ah, ring in sh1te time!

[EDIT] Er, no it's not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement