Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,324 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They need to schlooowww the music down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The poor mouth publican, here we go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Publican complaining about cheap drink...

is he honestly trying to say he is worried about the kids?

GTF

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I wonder how much it is in his pub, cause I don't find it that cheap :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Castleknock is the new Clontarf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Stop saying drink is cheap its not cheap in this country. But nice to see a publican telling us how bad everywhere that isnt a pub selling drink are bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

This guy is pathetic, using "deaths every weekend" to push his agenda to get people spending more money in his pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,324 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If the price of a beer was to double at an off license people will instead go for spirits and get more hammered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

all this talk about drink is getting me thirsty, cant wait for the leinster final til i get smashed!!!..........i mean a few sociables, dont want to end up on liveline for enjoying myself

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

The thing that kills me in the pubs is the cost of a mineral if you don't want an alcoholic drink, its shocking up to €3.50 for a small bottle of 7up, robbing animals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Get these publicans off the air. They obviously have a vested interest in keeping the price of booze high. Feck off.

Cheap drink isn't the problem you clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

everyone was paralytic with booze in Poland and there was no trouble. The problem is sc*mbags, not drink. Some sort of super-ASBO with electronic tagging is required to ban them from public events, and it needs to be enforced.

Do these idiots really beleive that tesco dunnes etc sell drink for less then it costs them? They do in their hole. We got 12 packs of san miguel in spain for €6 and the alcohol is higher then the 4 od percent here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Condescending prlck.

So there's never been so much as row in any pub, ever, according to this jerk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Damien goes out of his way to have a sideswipe at Michael Martin... All RTE did when he was in Government was to slap him on the back for the smoking ban.. how times have changed..

I'm confused...

Does he want us to drink more or less??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

20 euro a pill me balls

20 quid in a pub and have a good night??? Wat pubs u drinking in damo or are u just hammered on 1 pint

Any yokes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

They had Mafia in their name.

I mean, come on Ted...

This publican doesnt like competition. Shock horror

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

My girlfriend was shocked that people were selling yokes at a dance gig Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Get these publicans off the air. They obviously have a vested interest in keeping the price of booze high. Feck off.

Exactly. A pint of coke is more than a pint of beer.
    How the hell did that pub owner get on air? Damo is a complete eejit.

My names Louise :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

So its ok to go to this guys pub and drink in company...but im being told its not cool to buy a heap of cans and drink in the gaff by myself cos im more likely to go ape at home or something..fook that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

everyone was paralytic with booze in Poland and there was no trouble. The problem is sc*mbags, not drink. Some sort of super-ASBO with electronic tagging is required to ban them from public events, and it needs to be enforced.

Exactly, more fudging going unchallenged.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I mean, come on Ted...

Could have been a great episode story line there, Ted and the lads off to visit the Eucharist Congress in the park, get the weekends wrong and arrive in time for SHM. Jack would have loved it, Ted could have made a fortune, Dougal would have combusted at all the fine fillies in their welllies :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Zwillinge wrote: »
    I'm confused...

Does he want us to drink more or less??

More in his bar, less from off-licences and supermarkets.

Wonder what his attitude to Weatherspoons setting up pubs here would be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement