Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

At least kids these days are back drinking vodka/beer/cider - proper drink. For a few years back they would have all been drinking Bacardi Breezers and WKD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

neris wrote: »
    Do these idiots really beleive that tesco dunnes etc sell drink for less then it costs them? They do in their hole.

And what about off-licences who sell it for the same or cheaper? How would they turning a profit? The €4 wine in Tesco might be below-cost, given the high taxes, but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I christen this generation "Bertie's Children".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

How long will it take to fill a paddy wagon with 45000 people in a field, half of whom are drunk or on drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

ppink wrote: »
    It just makes me laugh....its all the cheap drink and drugs fault......not the muppets consuming it all:rolleyes:

"The cheap beer made me drink it, yer honour, 'twas the drink's fault, not mine."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Not a sad day at all.

Its called policing.

Go to Glasgow during an Old Firm game and count how many people you see drinking on the way out to Parkhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Here we go!

"this generation" ffs missus, young people have been getting locked out of their heads at concerts for decades. Ever heard of Slane? Mods/Teddy boys before that.

And I'd imagine Damo could tell us tales about the behaviour of those animals that flock to the Ploughing Championships.....sorry. couldn't resist :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

It couldnt possibly be the guards fault that there was no enforcement of the laws..

i wish damo would stop pussy footing around the issue..the park was full of scumbags and the guards stood watching them wreck the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Inscrutable

Blues? Is that Heisenberg's stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Can't sniff cocaine openly, Is it ok in private then Damo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

This stuff happens more or less outside the local Garda station in my town every weekend and nothing happens. People roaring and shouting and fighting with each other. All ages. I don't think this should become some kind of police state but it really would make the place a bit better for everyone if the public drinking/drunk and disorderly laws were actually enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Jesus Damien man, drop the personal responsibility argument. You're talking about a load of drugged up loaded skangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ireland really is becoming a nanny state. People should make their choices face the consequences and stop blaming every one else

Lapin wrote: »
    Not a sad day at all.

Its called policing.

Go to Glasgow during an Old Firm game and count how many people you see drinking on the way out to Parkhead.

Glasgow is worse than any Irish city for alcohol abuse.

How many people drink during an old firm game represents little in the overall scheme of things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

I wonder did Dieter sell much cheese at the concert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

So far damo has blamed drugs, cheap drink, personal responsibility - all problems here. But he won't say a bad word about MCD or the guards even when callers are saying how useless they were. Grow some balls Damo.

Blues? Is that Heisenberg's stuff?

Tuco is ramming a bag of it up his arse as we speak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The "Women's Heart" singers... Now there's a team of drinkers..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Informed statements

Mary coughlan could certainly put them away.

And it was the hard stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Jaysoose wrote: »
    It couldnt possibly be the guards fault that there was no enforcement of the laws..

i wish damo would stop pussy footing around the issue..the park was full of scumbags and the guards stood watching them wreck the place.

Correct, to a point. It wasn't all scumbags though. There were young girls and guys pulling down their knickers and relieving themselves in full view of everyone, they were that drunk/high they didn't know where who or what they were. Some were scumbags, but a lot were not.

Agree with the poster who said policing needs to be less namby pamby. Guarantee none of this would have happened in say Berlin or Prague. You'd find your face flat into the ground before you could blink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

"A Woman's Liver" more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Just a quick heads up people, Liveline's resident self promoter Aubery will feature on Truckers tonight at 8.30 on RTE1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

next MCD event, everyone must be accompanied by their mammy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

sense at last

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Now there's a concert I'd happily start a drunken riot at....ideally before they started warbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

She makes sense.

Damo doesn't like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Glasgow is worse than any Irish city for alcohol abuse.

How many people drink during an old firm game represents little in the overall scheme of things

I know.

I'm on about the tight policing around the ground on day.

If you're caught with a drink in public you end up in the back of a police van.

Zero tolerance at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

How stupid is Damo really? This one talking circles around him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Correct, to a point. It wasn't all scumbags though. There were young girls and guys pulling down their knickers and relieving themselves in full view of everyone, they were that drunk/high they didn't know where who or what they were. Some were scumbags, but a lot were not.

Agree with the poster who said policing needs to be less namby pamby. Guarantee none of this would have happened in say Berlin or Prague. You'd find your face flat into the ground before you could blink.

TBH, I don't care what social background someone is from, pissing in public makes you a scumbag.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement