Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I love the way she tries to differentiate Tennents from Dutch Gold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

no shop forces you to buy "packs" of cans. Shops have choices of "packs" or individual cans or bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Tennant's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started my drinking career on that stuff, twas £1 a pint when Harpic was £1.25 and Carlsberg was only available in bottles. Happy days they were too1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"An eighteen month period, Damien"..

I wonder how many people turned on just as she was saying that, and turned right back off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

So she blames the fact that she became an alcoholic on buying more drink.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

So she is blaming cheap drink, but the price was not the reason for it....:confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Did Helen just say "insidious"?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Stump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

its the shops fault, its the drinks fault, its her heights fault, none of it is her fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

it amazes me how damo can sit there listening to this and refuses to say listen you drank it. nobody forced you, if you cannot say NO thats your problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Its all the supermarkets fault Damo!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is 5 cans binge drinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

has he just saw my post :D

There's nothing worse than listening to a reformed alcoholic. They're so sanctimonious.

she doesnt extacly sound like the brightest bulb in the pack. 11 kids and doesnt know any thing bout booze. wonder how much she got on the social

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I missed the start of the show. Assuming it's sponsored by the LVA?

Is 5 cans binge drinking?

She got drunk on four cans of Tennants.. That qualifies as being a bad alcoholic. She certainly wasnt any good at it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

So she had 3 mad nights and has decided she's an alcoholic, Helen I'm not convinced. Reckon you just had empty nest and too much time on your hands to think of problems to have to get out and meet people.l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Just because a slab of cans is cheap it doesnt mean you have to drink the lot in one sitting.

Cheap drink isnt the problem here its the fact that you have no willpower.

Why she is being entertained as some sort of wise old head is beyond me.

Classic bull****tery.

There's nothing worse than listening to a reformed alcoholic. They're so sanctimonious.

their like listening to a booze version of that one off you are what you eat

• Advertisement

Is he ringing from the bottom of a well?

Waffler alert...

The dangerous thing now is we'll have tons of reformed alcoholics ringing in trying to make their story "worse" than Helens, think I'll be turning off today.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,323 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

WTF is the fascination with price, why don't they double the tax on cars to deter road deaths.

Did Damo's parents run a pub?

Is it just me or is Damien making very specific emphasis of the point that it was Michael Martin that brought this in

What's next? Ban chocolate because some people get fat from it?
    Ban betting offices because some people develop a gambling problem?
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Presumably the Dail Bar will close down as a message to the people that the country doesn't revolve around drink.

Boom this guy throwing a spanner in the works..lets see the councillor waffle his way round this one.

• Advertisement

Sensible caller alert! Yay love this caller! Ask Damo why I can't buy some wine on a saturday morning doing my shopping for that night cause of plonkers with no responsibility!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement