Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Anyone fancy a pint?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

She is doing a good job explaining her side, good job re- the overreaction to the head shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Damo, how about this - why can't I spend €10 of my €20 on 5 pints in a pub, and have €10 left over for something else that I want or need? :rolleyes:

10 bottles in Lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

woman talking sense. PARENTING

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I've said it before, it's not the price or availability of drink and drugs that's the problem.

It our terrible attitude to consumption of these substances as the only way of enjoying oneself. But of course, we Irish wash our hands of all personal responsibility and scramble for something/somone else to blame for us having no self control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

neris wrote: »
    woman talking sense. PARENTING

Thats what it all boils down to

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Mind you, she speaks sense, accent aside.

She certainly is speaking sense. It's just the accent which gets my goat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Some serious sensible callers on now...at last people are given a chance to talk without being interrupted by the duffeen and his agendas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jaysoose wrote: »
    She is lucky the duffer is off stalking about headshops like this all willy nilly..

Willy Nilly was on yesterday.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Some serious sensible callers on now...at last people are given a chance to talk without being interrupted by the duffeen and his agendas.

That will change when they put the official taxi driver opinion on the air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They would not be listening to this cr@p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I've said it before, it's not the price or availability of drink and drugs that's the problem.

It our terrible attitude to consumption of these substances as the only way of enjoying oneself. But of course, we Irish wash our hands of all personal responsibility and scramble for something/somone else to blame for us having no self control.

Absolutely agree. I had alcohol issue in my twenties, serious issues, not 4 tins of tennents issues, I haven't drank in over 3 years because I CANNOT HANDLE IT. Not because it's cheap, it's not the alcohol, it's ME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

now your talking damo, lets talk about open sex in the middle of a field :D

all this open sex in the park sounds like a perverts wet dream. maybe failte ireland can get it going as an annual event and promote ireland as a swingers destination. economies screwed and we need all d money we can get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Damien would you let the woman speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Whats her name? I must look at some of her articles, she is one of the better contributors on Liveline for some time. Duffy would have cut her off by now for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

SHES DESTROYING THE ESSENCE OF LIVELINE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/macrocosm flashy lights its there for a 9 letter word and 18 points

miketv wrote: »
    Whats her name? I must look at some of her articles, she is one of the better contributors on Liveline for some time. Duffy would have cut her off by now for sure.

Una Mullally. She was on Celebrity Mastermind on Sunday night (I think).

came across a miserable sour puss on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

So it's not just for celebrities then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Every generation of adults think the current generations of kids are shockingly bad and the worst generation ever.
    Imagine if Liveline was around in the 60's. "That woodstock concert was a disgrace Joe, people having sex and taking drugs"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Id say Joes call card is burning off on his holiers as he tries to get through to cut Una off! :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Oh F**k Off Joe Dolans car :mad:

bleedin joe dolan again. sounds about as funny as a kick in the balls

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Fair play to Damo for keeping her on.

Joe would have tried to ambush her or dumped her by now.

Una for Host!

Feck off "The Night Joe Dolan's Car Broke Down" :mad:

camper van.........n a horse and little cart and a tarmacing machine?????

Its Terence from the Gerry Ryan show!

• Advertisement

That's because the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre has been a great success - Alan Partridge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement