Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Suzie4 wrote: »
    600-cow.JPG

the above depiction is damien o reilly in cowcake form..

all rights reserved.

Looks better than his real pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

My picture is on the webpage for an upcoming event which I didn't know about until I spotted myself, shall I call Damo ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Dirty oul weather isn't it.

Do you reckon Tyrone will beat Kerry on Saturday ?

Anything good on the box tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Aw here im off. Gona find me a freshly painted wall to watch.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

This is total bollocks. Any event I've been at where a photographer has been there just snaps away (unless organising a group shot). They never ask each individual (except when there's kids involved).

More fcukin' PC gone mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Very narrow portfolio of topics this week, Damo, you all right?

Bad line bad line.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

This lad is annoying...

"I said 'there not going out of my sight'"

what he really said

"please dont take away my injections".

Ignorance is bliss. If you had type 1 diabetes that injection can mean life or death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Why are they even discussing this:confused:. Surely means testing is obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

oh yes..."please means test me ...as i have loads of money and i spend all the childers allowance on cocaine"..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

People seem to be all coming on criticising the fact that wealthy people get children's allowance, but no criticism for people who spend the money on themselves, beer, fags.. I've always thought that the children's allowance payments should be dependent on the child attending at least 90% of school time. I mean what would the point be in paying a state allowance to support the child if the parents arent even bringing the child to school??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

PauloMN wrote: »
    This is total bollocks. Any event I've been at where a photographer has been there just snaps away (unless organising a group shot). They never ask each individual (except when there's kids involved).

More fcukin' PC gone mad.

Shush you, I want my pound of flesh, I feel abused so I do with all the internet perverts drooling over me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

ppink wrote: »
    Why are they even discussing this:confused:. Surely means testing is obvious

Why is the tax payer even subsidising other people's children??

And this one on now saying free this and free that... it isn't free! The taxpayer pays for it! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

if this is the sh1t that will make up tomorrows show, i wont be listening, this make joes persuit of a living relative from the 1840 tragedy sound riveting.

This one was on Newstalk earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

sudzs wrote: »
    Why is the tax payer even subsidising other people's children??

well if you ever figure that out let me know! the whole thing just drives me bananas.
    all the arguments from mean men etc etc just annoy me. if i have 20 kids that should not cost anyone else except me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

lol @ this wan...the imf did this the imf dat...the imf are a private company..they dont decide anything you moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

No Damo enough is enough

Oi! Home Store guy! Be gone!

would somebody shut that dog up

ROFL! "She came home with Type 1 diabetes"!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

"A richer taste, for richer talk"

What kind of bollox is that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

would somebody shut that dog up

And same goes for whoever was yelping in the background :D

europa11 wrote: »
    And same goes for whoever was yelping in the background :D

i left it open ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I felt quite chipper 75 minutes ago. Now I'm in rotten humour... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

sudzs wrote: »
    I felt quite chipper 75 minutes ago. Now I'm in rotten humour... :mad:

have you been tested for Diabetes ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Lapin wrote: »
    "A richer taste, for richer talk"

What kind of bollox is that ?

Falls in the same category as Inda's - "when we talk we use words" analogy yesterday

Wonder whats in store today, I got the bottle of sunscreen at the ready, just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hey folks,

Haven't been on here in a while but it loolks like D'Omen has you glued to your chairs - as I assume that's the only way you'd stay listening? :)

Heard an ad this morning for Lyon's Tea which cunningly :rolleyes: and cleverly :rolleyes: uses a play on the words "the pressing" (depressing) to try and sell us more of their richer product. Obviously some lazy junior copywriter submiited this effort to P&G and as it's July, and most of the senior exec team are away some Associate Brand Manager approved it. But I'm not on here to lament the demise of the Irish Advertising Industry.

I wonder would Joe let me on air if I rang up saying I was offended a company was making light of a serious mental illness? If this ad was to continue to air, there could be a wave of "death by suicide".

I'm sure Joe would allow me ther time to lambast his sponsor on such a serious issue as he is after all, a man of the people.;)

Unfortunately due to a minor obstacle (work) I can't listen or call in today.....but I could plant the seed.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Hey folks,

Haven't been on here in a while but it loolks like D'Omen has you glued to your chairs - as I assume that's the only way you'd stay listening? :)

Heard an ad this morning for Lyon's Tea which cunningly :rolleyes: and cleverly :rolleyes: uses a play on the words "the pressing" (depressing) to try and sell us more of their richer product. Obviously some lazy junior copywriter submiited this effort to P&G and as it's July, and most of the senior exec team are away some Associate Brand Manager approved it. But I'm not on here to lament the demise of the Irish Advertising Industry.

I wonder would Joe let me on air if I rang up saying I was offended a company was making light of a serious mental illness? If this ad was to continue to air, there could be a wave of "death by suicide".

I'm sure Joe would allow me ther time to lambast his sponsor on such a serious issue as he is after all, a man of the people.;)

Unfortunately due to a minor obstacle (work) I can't listen or call in today.....but I could plant the seed.....

He might give you the time of day if your addicted to tea, or if you eat a yorkie bar with your cuppa, those are the sins of the week:D

i'd nearly beg for funny friday today, instead of damo giving credibilty to such ridiculous topics such as i'm addicted to chocolate, and somebody robbed a picture of my Cake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If Joe was here he would have an Irish connection in Denver as the first call

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement