Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It's up on the RTE Player.. http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1149659

Thanks JA, but I'm genuinely feeling a bit poorly today so don't think I can handle Joe being fawned over by RTE colleagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

On this thread, the Duffmeister is Emperor Joe Duffy of Clontarf via Ballyfermot.
    I just had a facepalm moment :o

I just had a facepalm moment :o

I was thinking as much but not felling well has reduced my sarcasm gene to socially acceptable levels today......but consider this a first written warning!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Thanks JA, but I'm genuinely feeling a bit poorly today so don't think I can handle Joe being fawned over by RTE colleagues.

Just watching a bit of it now.. walks on like he's lord of the manor, and recites a few of his stock "jokes"... Here's a couple..

"My daughter came in the other night and said 'A dog has just won Britain's Got Talent'.. And I said, I didnt even know David McSavage had entered Britain's Got Talent"

"I was walking down the street and I saw a man crying and I said what's wrong 'have your kids emigrated'... The man said 'no'. He kept on crying and I said 'Did somebody die?' and the man said 'no'.... I asked him 'Did you have split up with your wife?'... And the man said 'no. I'm the Director General of RTE' " (press button on canned laughter machine)

Isnt he a very brave man slagging of the Director General of an organisation you cant get fired from...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

8 out of 70 people who voted in our Unfunny Friday poll would have found Joe's "jokes" hilarious.

Come on ...who are ye :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Ohh - the DAA's security holes being highlighted could be interesting.

europa11 wrote: »
    8 out of 70 people who voted in our Unfunny Friday poll would have found Joe's "jokes" hilarious.

Come on ...who are ye :)

The real question is why does it add up to 101.43%
    11.43%
    90.00%

Yakuza wrote: »
    Ohh - the DAA's security holes being highlighted could be interesting.

Lahhhvlahn style expert opinions will probably come courtesy of Airport taxi drivers. ;)

"loadza furriners walking into the country from all over wuurrald Joe... want to go straight up to the Dole Office from the Terminal Joe, it's a disgrace Joe, and they know the right fare too Joe"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Lahhhvlahn style expert opinions will probably come courtesy of Airport taxi drivers. ;)

"loadza furriners walking into the country from all over wuurrald Joe... want to go straight up to the Dole Office from the Terminal Joe, it's a disgrace Joe, and they know the right fare too Joe"

Wharrya talking abour? De gubbermint does be givvin de immergernts deh keyaz of brand new O twelve cars and a brand new flah ou' in Ongar. Dey dont even neyad a taximan deese dayaz. It's a disgrace, Joe.

Brilliant :)

My liveline bingo words for today are:
    'Disgrace' - no lahhhvlahn would be complete without this one
    'Racist'
    'Londonderry'
    Joes trademark *sigh*
    and 'underpants' - might be a bit of strech with this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

The real question is why does it add up to 101.43%

LiveLine's top number crunchers are working on this anomaly as we speak...

Kingsizehomer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Security wise,Dublin Airport is now in the same league as a airport in the Yemen

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

missed yesterdays show and got the podcast. what a shower of bull chitters taxi drivers are. the fella who did the stickers was well up on the lights but off course been a typical salt o d earth skanger dub he knew nutin. fed up listening to them whinge that their only ones suffering in the whole economy the last few years and giving out about part time drivers. guess what skobie taxi drivers theres nothing stoping you lazy knuts getting a 2nd job. duffys an even bigger idiot for allowing 1 sided unchallenged conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

Brilliant :)

My liveline bingo words for today are:
    'Disgrace' - no lahhhvlahn would be complete without this one
    'Racist'
    'Londonderry'
    Joes trademark *sigh*
    and 'underpants' - might be a bit of strech with this one

don't forget ..."so to speak.."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Cash for work program"

So they have invented "the job"..

joe didnt make one of the 7 irish wonders. The results for irish most stupidest 7 irish wonders musnt have been released yet

woman from liveline will be happy with that news bout katie taylors fight on friday morning and nice for the explenation why rte coluldnt show it. shut the whnging **** up now as it wasnt rte fault

Another Joe, I'm confused? Surely there is only ONE Joe? :o

whats he floggin?

neris wrote: »
    joe didnt make one of the 7 irish wonders. The results for irish most stupidest 7 irish wonders musnt have been released yet

Joe...Syl...Clint ...Balloon Rogers....Brush....ah I need help, what are Dopey and Sleepy's real names?

• Advertisement

surferdudz wrote: »
    whats he floggin?

people smuggling tips

There's a major lapse in one of the gent's toilets, the latch is broken on one of the cubicles. One of them hormone sexuals or "Al Kaaiiii- dah" could assault you Joe with a bomb Joe. It's a security risk Joe.

this is a bit sensationalist.

Good job there's no Muslims or terrorists in France then isn't it.
    Wait a minute.......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Sensationalist? on Liveline?? surely not!

2 words:
    Mountain. Molehill.

"Had you not got a crossword to do?"

Is that the only reason people go to airports Joe? Well I never.

you can collect your P45 at departures Joe...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,204 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

2 words:
    Mountain. Molehill.

Far be it from me to agree with any of the conspiracy theory loonies that pop up on Liveline every now and then, but I find myself agreeing with this one. The "ah sure it's fine, isn't that the way it always was" attitude is what's got us into the mess we're in.

And he's not in the least bit hysterical, in fact is very measured and reasonable about it - most unusual! Compare and contrast to the taxi driver from yesterday's debacle :eek:

• Advertisement

Not annoyed at him poniting out a flaw, if there is one.

Just at the way he's presenting it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement