Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

jimmyw wrote: »
    Owryan wrote: »
    Why was boards mentioned ? is it worth listening back to ?

I dont know if anyone else heard this, but the girl/woman mentioned she went on boards, and immediately Joe stopped her and either went to someone else, or changed the subject. I will have to check on the podcast.

Is it possible Joe reads here, and didnt like what he reads and didnt want the forum mentioned?:p

Well, what's the outcome?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad Joe didnt read out the 212 lyrics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

rovert wrote: »
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad Joe didnt read out the 212 lyrics

I read the lyrics yesterday and apart from having a Ted moment and saying "What was all that about?", I didn't see what yer wun was giving out about. They use the F word(the one worse then Feck), and ****** and a few others, but I thought it was tame enough.

To be honest, and Im showing my age, but I'd rather have my 12 year old daughter(if I had one) singing that, then singing "im horny".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Sent joe a tweet last night asking why he cut that caller off at the mention of boards. Still waiting for a reply. Think I,ll be waiting forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Listening back to the interviews with the retired Gardaí yesterday, it left a bad taste in my mouth... I thought the Liveline resident guard, Gerry O'Carroll, should NOT have mentioned his book at all. He mentioned at least twice.. it's bad enough he's profiting from the deaths of others by writing about it (while still receiving a full pension from the state), without shilling on the national broadcaster any time one of the poor unfortunate victims is mentioned on the airwaves.

And maybe it's just the cynic in me, but I also feel that his recitation of the story comes across as being a) very self congratulatory and b) very sensationalist.. every villan seems to have a catchphrase.. "I'm gonna kill one a week" etc The main beneficiary of yesterday's show was Gerry O'Carroll's bank account.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

syklops wrote: »
    To be honest, and Im showing my age, but I'd rather have my 12 year old daughter(if I had one) singing that, then singing "im horny".

And I'd rather have my (similarly non existant) 12 year old daughter listen to that song than have her subjected to an hour of 'Funny' Friday once a month.

"They give money, they don't donate moey, they give it"

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Im bamboozled already! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

GAZgay Bo'S

"Ga-zaybo"

Did't he used to present the late late?

• Advertisement

Ga Zay Bos....

Is that a Ga Zee Bo owned by GaY Bo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

She's never grinded anyone in her house :)

Is this all this aul one has to worry about?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Have them sign a waiver ffs. Lets move on pleaseee

She just wants to show off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

She should contact the Charity she is collecting for not Joe Duffy

Did anybody ever notice that Joe uses high felluting words words like scabrous when he wants to look intelligent, but any time one of his aul brethren from Ballyer comes on he breaks out the "de woooorkers, dis and dat".. it's like he got one of those psych books on how to create rapport with people by matching their actions..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I tune in and this is the topic! ffs, get off the air, its the most random topic yet. I couldn't give a rats about your garden! :rolleyes:

80ft is not small

"Just people rambling up and down".

And on the radio. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Speak up man !

Arthur is armed with the facts

TURN ON YOUR HEARING AID ARTHUR, FOR F**K SAKE

• Registered Users Posts: 39,847 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

A piece of what on the floor ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Did anybody ever notice that Joe uses high felluting words words like scabrous when he wants to look intelligent, but any time one of his aul brethren from Ballyer comes on he breaks out the "de woooorkers, dis and dat".. it's like he got one of those psych books on how to create rapport with people by matching their actions..
    Bertie was great for that too (all of his "Is alls I'm saying" etc you would here in Ireland, and never EVER hear abroad)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭big_heart_on

I think Joe wants to put an end to this thread by boring us all into submission.

Lahvlahn used to turn an hour in work into an hours mockery and ridicule.

Now its just meh, all the time. :(

How many times will he say €150,000?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    A piece of what on the floor ?

Sweetie I think, but in case you missed it he made 150,000 selling his wife Fran O'Briens novels, 150,000, for the novels, 150,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Fran O Brien.....*awkward pause :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,847 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Does this guy sell umbrellas ?:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement