Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to me machine XPS

Options
  • 02-05-2012 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭

Hi there, just a bit of advise:)

I have bought this machine on adverts.ie, collecting this evening. Am I getting value for money at €420?

http://www.adverts.ie/1596963

Will be used for internet / music / films from hard drive and light gaming.

Many thanks, all comments welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

go to this thread and see what you can get for a few quid more.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056625519

New processor, more ram and better for gaming. This would be my choice. If you can't build yourself you can have the guys at the site build it for you at a price.
    You could also start a thread with your budget and the guys will make a suggested build for your budget and requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Mech1 wrote: »

Am I getting value for money at €420?

Not really. Is 420 your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭Mech1

No not exactly "my budget" but old machine died and I needed a replacement asap so no time for building / ordering on line etc gotta pick something up today as it is also used for business. I have bought this already just gotta collect so a bit late to be worried I suppose.

Just as well all was backed up. power supply blew and fried the mb.

Im really just looking for peoples thoughts on the spec of this xps. and its capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

If you have to buy today I reckon you'd be better of just getting a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

^^ Buy something from a retailer with a proper guarantee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭Mech1

ok thanks guys, I pulled out of the deal:eek: When i asked for a service tag to check I instead got a serial number and a build date ........2009 advertised as "brand new".

Lesson learnt, booted up a "make up outta old bits" puter tonight and that will have to do until i get a build sorted.

so thanks and will surely be more questions soon.

Advertisement