Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still no reply from eircom service is a disgrace

Options
  • 02-05-2012 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

So I've posted hear two weeks ago and sent on pms to eircom reps and no reply.

So basically I moved house and had to change my broadband provider from UPC to eircom and my god this was a shock. I was getting 90+ meg from UPC so I signed up to eircoms ngb broadband unlimited package. The problems began soon after and firstly the line keeps dropping out so I went and bought my own router and set it up (tp link ) so got everything up and running and when connected to the router via Ethernet connection the top speeds I'm getting are between 1.5 to 2 meg speeds. The speeds are a joke in fairness like why tell me I can recieve ngb when clearly I cant I rang customer care twice and the person on the other end hadent a clue I asked them to turn my line up as its capable of it and she refused she said if she did it the Internet would work, now in fairness if it's capable of 8 meg and I'm paying for it someone better start sorting the problem out because I'm not paying for half a service that dial up would be quicker in fairness

So come on eircom get back to me and don't be blanking us

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Line stats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Onwardandupwar

Don't no how to get them it's s mate of mine that set it up and he actually works in a company at networking and said the speeds I'm getting is a disgrace and to get eircom to sort it that everything in my house was fine.

So could someone from EIRCOM please please help me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

So I've posted hear two weeks ago and sent on pms to eircom reps and no reply.

So basically I moved house and had to change my broadband provider from UPC to eircom and my god this was a shock. I was getting 90+ meg from UPC so I signed up to eircoms ngb broadband unlimited package. The problems began soon after and firstly the line keeps dropping out so I went and bought my own router and set it up (tp link ) so got everything up and running and when connected to the router via Ethernet connection the top speeds I'm getting are between 1.5 to 2 meg speeds. The speeds are a joke in fairness like why tell me I can recieve ngb when clearly I cant I rang customer care twice and the person on the other end hadent a clue I asked them to turn my line up as its capable of it and she refused she said if she did it the Internet would work, now in fairness if it's capable of 8 meg and I'm paying for it someone better start sorting the problem out because I'm not paying for half a service that dial up would be quicker in fairness

So come on eircom get back to me and don't be blanking us

Hi Onwardandupwar,

Thanks for posting on the eircom - Boards Forum.
    Can you try the following quick checks first, before you may need to call into Broadband Support: This will save your time and help Broadband Support find out where any eircom related broadband issue may lie.

http://bit.ly/BBcheckList

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

I appreciate your help with checking your broadband and modem connection setup.

Regards,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Onwardandupwar

I'm not gona be smart hear but Ive carried out all these checks already twice infact and them checks are for people who no Notting about setting up computers and broadband I've being in to customer care also and they where no help all I want is to get the speed on my line turned up to something some what decent as to what I'm paying now are you's going to help me so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

I'm not gona be smart hear but Ive carried out all these checks already twice infact and them checks are for people who no Notting about setting up computers and broadband I've being in to customer care also and they where no help all I want is to get the speed on my line turned up to something some what decent as to what I'm paying now are you's going to help me so

Hi Onwardandupwar,

Thank you for getting back on Boards.

If you do not wish do any further troubleshooting don't worry, as you can request directly an onsite visit from an eircom engineer.

If you don't accept a call out fee, the engineer will investigate all aspects of your broadband connection from the eircom exchange to your premises. However the engineer will not enter your premises. No call out charges are involved if you wish to do this.

If you are confident this is an eircom related fault, then you can advise that you accept call out charges. In this case if the fault is found to be eircom related, the engineers will repair this. However, if the fault is found to be non-eircom related, this may incur a call out charge. Engineers will investigate every aspect of your broadband, up to your modem and your internal broadband connection setup.

Obviously it will be helpful to advise Broadband Support that you have completed basic broadband checks, as this will help speed up a resolution to any eircom related fault.

Though if you'd rather not do any more broadband tests, just call back into Broadband Support and ask them to request an onsite engineering visit.

If you'd rather not call into Broadband Support, then just advise me if you wish to accept call out charges or not. I can then escalate this to Broadband Support on your behalf. If you also PM a mobile contact number, incase the engineers need to call or text you directly along with your broadband telephone number.

Broadband Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 8am- 10pm (7 days).

Regards,
    Ant

• Advertisement
Advertisement