Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reptile re-homing site

Options
  • 02-05-2012 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭

hey guys im just wondering im looking at starting up a reptile re-homing/sale mini site in the next few weeks it will mainly be for Limerick/Munster as that's where im based so just wondering if anyone would have any ideas/thoughts on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Why not just use a thread here / or adverts.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Sleepy wrote: »
    Why not just use a thread here / or adverts.ie?

you cant sell animals on adverts

and most threads for rehoming are based in Dublin and alot of people cant travel
    i just wanna see if theres a group for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

iv got a page on facebook , and so does a few rescue's , click my link in my sig you can feel free to post their if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Dutchology

There are a number of groups on facebook, or you can Google 'Irish Reptile Forum' and you'll find Herp Ireland and RC. There's also a third Irish reptile forum - all of which are great for buying and selling reptiles, but are mainly there for informational purposes and friendly banter.

There was a reptiles for sale website on this little island before but as I recall it failed quite badly. It got spammed to death.

The thing about classified websites when it comes to buying and selling animals is that you can't really get to know the seller or see their past history (which is something I scrutinise either when buying or more importantly selling and animal), it's easier to do in a forum environment. That's just my way of looking at it though.

Advertisement