Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noob questions

Options
  • 02-05-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

This is noob question 101 but I'm having trouble with the wp-config file for wordpress for a new domain/hosting package I set up last night.

I've transferred the contents of the wordpress folder to the new domain via filezilla. I've created the new wp-config file using the template.

However, if I manually go to the new domain it says:
    There doesn't seem to be a wp-config.php file. I need this before we can get started.

Need more help? We got it.

You can create a wp-config.php file through a web interface, but this doesn't work for all server setups. The safest way is to manually create the file.

Create a Configuration File

Does this mean there isn't a config file (I can see it on filezilla in the domain) or does it mean the config file isn't set up properly?

I have tried to get it to create one automatically but it says error establishing the database connection. I don't understand.

I've used the settings as follows:

For database name I went into the Control panel and went into Web Hosting>Configuration & Administration>Databases
    I copied and pasted the database name (third field down).

For MySQL database username I went to Web Hosting>Configuration & Administration>Databases>DATABASENAME>
    I copied and pasted the database user name (second field down).

For MySQL database password I clicked on show password and copied and pasted the password in.

I left the other fields as per the template. I copied this file into the domain directory using filezilla. But it isn't being recognised.

Cheers,
    Quad
    Tagged:

Comments

Hi Quad,

If we had access to the files we could tell where the misconfiguration lies but without that it's hard to advise.

If you could pop your account details and domain through to support@blacknight.com we will happily look into it for you.

Thanks,

Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Hi Niamh,

Thanks for the quick reply. Just sent an email to support there.

Cheers,
    Quad

Great, thanks Quad :)

We will be in touch shortly.

Advertisement