Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Microsoft Office for sale in Limerick?

• 02-05-2012 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Don't suggest downloading it! I have though about the illegal route, and everytime I try and do it, I download sh*te or bad versions....

Any places that sell older versions of MS Office that I could pick up cheap around Limerick?

I have a Win 7 machine, and am using Open Office, but am having problems with csv exports and imports, and a load of hassle would be saved with ms office, but trying to avoid buying a new version...........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

you can buy it reasonably priced from software4students.ie if you're a student or you have students in your family, i couldnt give you the exact price of it at the moment but it should be easy enough to find on the site- home and student edition should more than suffice for your needs! :

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I am not a student, nor do I have kids :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

seachto7 wrote: »
    I am not a student, nor do I have kids :(

Open office can be a bit buggy, have you tried libre office? I'm using it on Ubuntu and Windows 7 and find it great

EDIT: Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

how is it for downloading csv files. I would be downloading them daily for Google reporting purposes, and in MS Office, they open and all data is separated into their own cells.
    When I open them in OpenOffice, everything is crammed into one column. Doesn't work for me at all..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

seachto7 wrote: »
    how is it for downloading csv files. I would be downloading them daily for Google reporting purposes, and in MS Office, they open and all data is separated into their own cells.
    When I open them in OpenOffice, everything is crammed into one column. Doesn't work for me at all..........

Haven't done it in quite a while, but from what I remember it does open everything in different columns.

EDIT: I exported my contacts into a csv file this morning and opened in libre office calc (excel), it worked perfectly.

Advertisement