Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get QUALITY takeaway sushi in Dublin??

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Anyone tried J2 sushi by the IFSC? Getting good reviews, I'm going there tomorrow, will report back

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

BeerNut wrote: »
    Yep. Not amazing or anything, but great as a neighbourhood sushi place. Here's the €11.90 sushi/sahimi bento:
    Bolding mine.

I don't know I'm no connoisseur but I found Sakura veeery tasty myself. Went back a couple of times, and it's really nowhere near my place.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

As it's only up the street from me I'll consider myself lucky, so.

Anyone tried J2 sushi by the IFSC? Getting good reviews, I'm going there tomorrow, will report back

J2 is good, little bit pricey though. Apart from the sushi combos which are decent value. Not as good as Musashi, but decent. Close to where I work so I'll be calling in once every few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

I love real Sushi. Not the preprepared frozen variety you get in most restaurants here. Yami on Pleasants Street , off of Camden Street is probably the best I've had in Ireland and it's all made to order at the Sushi bar.

• Advertisement

I'm always a bit wary of the jack of all trades. They do chinese, thai and japanese. Are you saying they only use fresh fish?

I'm always a bit wary of the jack of all trades. They do chinese, thai and japanese. Are you saying they only use fresh fish?

It's all made fresh at the open sushi bar. Afaik the chefs in the other main sushi restaurants are all Chinese too btw.

It's all made fresh at the open sushi bar. Afaik the chefs in the other main sushi restaurants are all Chinese too btw.

Probably are, but they stick to Japanese food only in their restaurants.

Probably are, but they stick to Japanese food only in their restaurants.

Seriously, don't knock out until you try it.

Seriously, don't knock out until you try it.
    I used to live right next to it, so I did try a few of their maki. Didn't think they were great myself, I didnt try their sashimi though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

Had gorgeous sushi and sashimi from sushi place in Kimmage..Sakura..they do delivery too..will get it again
    Zakura on Camden street do amazing salmon sashimi..beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Given that there's not really that many sushi restaurants in Dublin, it's kind of funny that two of them have such similar names - Sakura and Zakura!

Aard wrote: »
    Given that there's not really that many sushi restaurants in Dublin, it's kind of funny that two of them have such similar names - Sakura and Zakura!

Kind of confusing alright. Two different Latin alphabet versions of the word for cherry blossom in Japanese.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'm not any kind of sushi expert but I was in Zakura for the first time on Friday and everything we had was delicious and very fresh. My friend ordered dumplings as well (as he always does); I am normally not a fan as they are usually a bit anaemic looking and bland but these were crispy and delicious. We were there at about 5.30pm and the first ones there but by the time we were leaving about an hour later, the place was about three quarters full. A pretty good sign that early in the evening I'd have thought :)

Just used a voucher in Rafa's temaki in the epicurean hall on Jervis st. Worst sushi I have had in Dublin.
    If you're that close to musashi don't even consider goin there!
    Rolled loose, horrible california roll was 50% cucumber a rotten crab stick and something yellow which I think was either papaya or mango.
    Spicy prawn roll had a tiny horrible shrimp on the top. Salmon roll was the only one edible. No tuna at all on the menu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Anybody here try Tropica in Dalkey? How's their sushi?

New musashi opened down in the ifsc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Noticed that last week.

If Musashi are behind the newish sushi place on Wexford St (Zakura?) I wonder why they gave that place a new name but not the Mayor Square restaurant..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

New musashi opened down in the ifsc

Went last night to the Mushashi in the IFSC. It is not BYOB, just in case anyone was wondering.

It's quite classy - the decor is nice and it it is lit really well.
    The vegetarian futomaki was really boring though - I was disappointed.
    The the desserts are very good (and made in-house, I was assured).

I'll be sticking with Zakura though - even though the decor, lighting and desserts aren't as good, the sushi is outstanding, that tofu and wakame salad is amazing, I always have a deadly laugh there, and and it is just brilliant value.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Chickus wrote: »
    Had gorgeous sushi and sashimi from sushi place in Kimmage..Sakura..they do delivery too..will get it again
    Zakura on Camden street do amazing salmon sashimi..beautiful

Yeah i got that a few weeks ago, was amazing. Really nice to get something a little different to Thai and Chinese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone tried Tani in Terenure since it re-opened recently after a refurb?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Anyone tried Tani in Terenure since it re-opened recently after a refurb?

Had it at the weekend and i have to say it was very poor. Can see little difference between it and the stuff you get in a tray from centra. Very disappointed because I was really looking forward to it. It was the last order of the night and perhaps the quality dipped as a result. Ill try it again shortly and see how I get on.

Had Sakura in Harolds Cross recently too. Expensive (think it was 16 or 17 for a sushi/sashimi bento box) but it was gorgeous every morsel. Big fan despite it being my first try

Advertisement