Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brick strikes again...

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Just ignore attention whores like this, and they eventually go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Mary Beard looks grand. Of course there has to be a couple of people on this thread rushing to point out how she looks. We can see how she looks and she's a woman who's about 60 and not concerned with being sexy, and AA Gill is a ****. Is he saying "Andrew Marr isn't photogenic enough for TV"? Course not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Why is Samantha Brick getting 90% of the blame for this? It was AA Gill who actually said it, she just agreed with it.

I guess it makes better news that she said it.

Maybe you all hate her cos she is beautiful? Even though she is not at all beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I'm better looking than Brick and you don't hear me harp on about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

So basically we have a third-rate hack from The Daily Mail Rag slagging off a respected Cambridge Professor. I know which one of those two is having the last laugh, especially since Brick is neither smart nor good looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

blacklilly wrote: »
    I'm better looking than Brick and you don't hear me harp on about it

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Sleepy wrote: »
    And whoever's publishing her outbursts is clearly in need of a P45. As is his/her editor.

Why? Her 'outbursts' make the DM a fortune, whoever is responsible for her 'I'm so beautiful that's why women hate me' article, published alongside some seriously unflattering pictures of her, probably got a bonus as it attracted so much traffic to their site. The DM knows exactly what it is doing, it's a professional troll, and as such it's the number one most popular 'news' site in the world. And they got that popular by writing articles that annoy people, make them link to them in forums, write blogs about them, reference them in other papers/tv shows and send hundreds of thousands of people who would never look at the DM otherwise to their site. Somewhat insane women on a hysterical rant are their bread and butter, just look at Liz Jones and Jan Moir. Brick is just the next in a long line of women who is filling this role for them.

Advertisement