Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nearly there...

Options
  • 02-05-2012 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

First time builder and I'm nearly there despite a few hiccups along the way. The computer boots but then hangs on Scan Devices,Please Wait. I plugged out the DVD drive to see and sure enough when that was plugged out it worked and went straight into the BIOS screen albeit with the warning message that no device was found.The motherboard is an ASUS M4A88TD-M Evo...do I need to configure something in BIOS? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

are you sure the Hard drive is connected ?

Also do you have a windows CD in the disk drive ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Barlett

Yeah,hard drive is connected,it shows up in BIOS. Tried the dvd drive with/without windows cd but no luck....computer only gets past the scan for devices screen when the IDE cable is unplugged for the dvd drive

Advertisement