Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Host Family for foreign students

Options
  • 02-05-2012 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi

I am interested in hosting foreign students however any of the schools I have contacted have told me that they usually have their host families on the southside. Just wondering does anyone know of any schools who do accept families from the D15 area
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 longlife

eeehhh not, but seems they tell you anything as they have enough host families as is. They told me they like to use the families they have been using for years ! is D 15 coolock ? I know about foreign students that come over for the summer to learn english and the host families are in Darndale ? any good ? regards longlife

• Registered Users Posts: 21 okagbue

Hi

It's Clonee/ Blancharstown. Yeah maybe that's it they already have enough families

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Seems odd that this would be restricted to just the southside although it would make sense to house children in a neighbourhood where there are a cluster of other kids already. It would be unfair for one student to have to bus/train it all the way to D15 each day while all their mates were located in D4/6/8 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Different schools used different areas some have clusters of kids out in Lexslip who get the train into town.

okagbue wrote: »
    Hi

I am interested in hosting foreign students however any of the schools I have contacted have told me that they usually have their host families on the southside. Just wondering does anyone know of any schools who do accept families from the D15 area
    Thanks

What's the fascination? I'm not trying to be rude or nosey but why would you want to host foreign students in your home?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

http://irishhostfamily.ie/

Get onto them and see can they put you on the right track.
    My brother and his wife are after benig a host family to dozens of kids over the years. Probably well over 100 kids by actually.
    I know that site says south west but as I said, they might know someone doing it in you area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

What's the fascination? I'm not trying to be rude or nosey but why would you want to host foreign students in your home?

Some people see it as easy money (and in some cases it can be). Rent out your spare room to someone short term, give them three meals a day and collect a premium rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

athtrasna wrote: »
    Some people see it as easy money (and in some cases it can be). Rent out your spare room to someone short term, give them three meals a day and collect a premium rent.

Most of the ones my brother had where sound out. There was one or two that where nothing but trouble. they had to send one of them back to france because she was just causing to much trouble.
    It is cool though, some of them stayed a few years with them and now I have "neices and nephews" from all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 okagbue

Thanks all for your replies
    My mom took in foreign students for extra money for years so I think it's a good way of making money as well as people of different nationalities. We are still in touch with people who stayed in our house

Advertisement