Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with eircom mail. Again

Options
  • 02-05-2012 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Is anyone else still having problems with their eircom email accounts?
    Trying to log in and its telling me its forbidden, I dont have permission to access email on this server.
    When I do actually manage to log in, after a long wait, the server is so slow I cant open the mails.
    Torture :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

newwifey wrote: »
    Is anyone else still having problems with their eircom email accounts?
    Trying to log in and its telling me its forbidden, I dont have permission to access email on this server.
    When I do actually manage to log in, after a long wait, the server is so slow I cant open the mails.
    Torture :mad:

Thanks for your post.

Please PM your email account and I will investigate your email query.

Regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭stoves1

i am also having trouble numerous times trying to access my eircom email account, just hanging after logging via eircom webmail, would appreciate if you can investigate, i have sent a pm to you, regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jackcee

I am having a problem in that I am not getting my incoming mails.
    This problem happens on a intermittent basis.

Even though this problem has lasted a number of days, some emails have come through on an irregular basis.

I am using Windows Live Mail and my email address is @eircom.net.
    My incoming mail server (Pop3) is mail1.eircom.net.

My broadband is with UPC and my outgoing mails are ok.

This has happened a number of times in the past. When my emails have started coming through again, I appear to have "lost" all the incoming mails for the days, the system is not working.

What can I do???

Just want to note that I have not changed anything with regard to settings etc.

jackcee wrote: »
    I am having a problem in that I am not getting my incoming mails.
    This problem happens on a intermittent basis.

Even though this problem has lasted a number of days, some emails have come through on an irregular basis.

I am using Windows Live Mail and my email address is @eircom.net.
    My incoming mail server (Pop3) is mail1.eircom.net.

My broadband is with UPC and my outgoing mails are ok.

This has happened a number of times in the past. When my emails have started coming through again, I appear to have "lost" all the incoming mails for the days, the system is not working.

What can I do???

Just want to note that I have not changed anything with regard to settings etc.

Thanks for your post.

Please see eircom email settings and support site below :

E-mail settings:
    Mail server type: POP3
    Incoming mail server:
    webmail.eircom.net
    Outgoing mail server*: mail1.eircom.net
    OR Webmail access: http://webmail.eircom.net

*Note: If you are NOT using an eircom net connection, you MUST use your internet provider's own SMTP server OR eircom webmail.
    Ensure that you change your incoming mailserver using your email client :

eircom Support

The following may also be helpful in configuring 3rd party email clients:

Setup Email Clients

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Im trying to set up my eircom mail on my iphone. Im with vodafone. What settings do i need to enter??

• Advertisement

Im trying to set up my eircom mail on my iphone. Im with vodafone. What settings do i need to enter??

Hi newballsplease,

The following setup descibes how to configure your email on the iPhone : http://bit.ly/yAxGcS

If you need eircom email settings - please see : eircom Email Settings

Let me know if I can help further,

Best wishes,

Ant

Thanks for your post.

Please see eircom email settings and support site below :

E-mail settings:
    Incoming mail server:
    webmail.eircom.net

*Note: If you are NOT using an eircom net connection, you MUST use your internet provider's own SMTP server OR eircom webmail.

eircom Support

Setup Email Clients

Best wishes,
    Ant

Many thanks for responding to my query.

As suggested, I changed my incoming to webmail.eircom.net.

I appeared to get an immediate result in that I got the message "receiving mail" and the counter on my Inbox started ticking up mails received like a fruit machine in Las Vegas. EXCEPT that, out of a big series of incoming mails, only about two (junk) actually showed up in my Inbox.

I do know about a whole series of emails which were sent to me over the past two weeks - but none of them have appeared in my Inbox (despite the counter showing a big intake of mails). It is as if they just "disappeared".

Since then, around 5pm this evening, I have got some people to email me and these I have duly received.

So, on the face of it, I seem to be back in business.

BUT, I am missing about two weeks emails - even though I did receive the odd email through the period.

What can I do to retrieve the missing emails.

Many thanks again for responding.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭newwifey

Ant,
    problems ongoing this morning. Any idea what is up?

On 4th May, as suggested by Ant, I changed my incoming server to webmail.eircom.net from Mail1.eircom.net.

I immediately got a bunch of emails coming in - but, NOT, all the emails I knew had been sent to me.

This incoming treat was shortlived - as I have not received any emails since 6th May - that is eleven days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I have not changed any settings - or ANYTHING else.

Am I ever going to get incoming mails working again????

Outgoing is ok - never a problem.

HELP.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sakani

Same problem here....

No incoming emails for 1 week, then I got 2 this morning that I sent as tests, but still cannot get the 'old' (unread) emails from the previous week.

No errors,or changes in settings.

• Advertisement

newwifey wrote: »
    Ant,
    problems ongoing this morning. Any idea what is up?

Thank you for your query.

Can you PM your eircom email Account and I will look into this.

Best wishes,
    Ant

jackcee wrote: »
    On 4th May, as suggested by Ant, I changed my incoming server to webmail.eircom.net from Mail1.eircom.net.

I immediately got a bunch of emails coming in - but, NOT, all the emails I knew had been sent to me.

This incoming treat was shortlived - as I have not received any emails since 6th May - that is eleven days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I have not changed any settings - or ANYTHING else.

Am I ever going to get incoming mails working again????

Outgoing is ok - never a problem.

HELP.

Thanks for your post.

Try to connect to your eircom Webmail account first to rule out any local issues with your mail client, anti-virus or other applications running on your PC.

First test your email account using : Webmail access: http://webmail.eircom.net

You can check your folders and preferences, including trash or filters for any missing email still on eircom's webmail. You may need to check you email client folders for mails that you have downloaded, viewed or read already.

Once you confirm that your email account is working, ensure that you are using the correct eircom settings on your email client (See below):

E-mail settings:
    Incoming mail server: webmail.eircom.net

eircom Support

Setup Email Clients

If you need further assistance with any eircom related email issue, contact Techical Support : 1890260260 - 8am-10pm (7 days).

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement