Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English paper 1, comprehension, part B

• 02-05-2012 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Is there somewhere I can learn about how to go about these? Our teacher hasn't covered anything on paper 1, and won't as we still haven't finished the course.

My problem lies in the structuring of the different answers (talks, diary entries, interviews etc), and register. Really I'm relying on paper 1 to pass, so I need to practice these.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Part B is just like the functional writing section on the Junior Cert paper so you could try and get notes on that.
    The main thing you need to remember is what EXACTLY you are asked, and the directed audience.

For the A part just remember the answers are right in front of you.
    They don't want you to JUST quotate though, rephrase things and back them up with quotes. Its just to show off vocab really.
    And for the style question look up different styles such as descriptive, narrative etc and how to recognised them.

My teacher did nothing on paper 1 either, had to find that all out myself :/
    Hope it helps :)

Advertisement