Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure Treated Sleepers

Options
  • 02-05-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Any recommendations where the best price is for pressure treated sleepers, 2.4m x 200mm x 100mm or so. Would be looking at at least 75 of them and up to 130 or so depending on the price.

Delivery to Roscommon to be taken into consideration!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cloud89

Why not try here, based in Galway so delivery should not be an issue. €20.49 seems reasonable. I used them last year but only got four for the back garden so wasn't in the same bargaining position you will be in as regard to ordering 75+.
    http://www.mcmahons.ie/garden-outdoor/fencing/garden-sleepers/garden-brown-sleeper-200mmx100mmx2-4m-brown.html

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Eegorbishcan

Hi Guys,

Hope you don't mind me hijacking this but rather than start a new tread I thought I'd rehash this one - on the lookout for pressure treated sleepers in Dublin, best price I seem to be getting is 19.95 per sleeper in Clonee sawmills but just wondering if anyone knew of anywhere cheaper to get them around before I commit - looking for around 15 sleepers (don't want creosote) for a garden job

*edit... actually forget that, I just had a check at the mcmahons link above and they also deliver to Dublin at 14.98 per sleeper - I think I have a winner

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

If anyone is only looking for a couple of PT sleepers,then Grange Builders Providers in Baldoyle is currently around the cheapest for them in Dublin

18 euro retail per sleeper.

I recently bought 4 sleepers from them and had them delievered for free (same day delievery).:)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Eegorbishcan

They're decent looking too Paddy, I'll give them a call, struggling to get transport to McMahons, they don't actually deliver! cheers for the heads up fella

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

They're decent looking too Paddy, I'll give them a call, struggling to get transport to McMahons, they don't actually deliver! cheers for the heads up fella

That pic is of the sleepers halfway through being stained black by me...(garden project).

• Advertisement
Advertisement