Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got Rockband for iOS? EA just revoked your User License Agreement.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

HOW exactly would EA have done this, if they had followed through? Completely stop everyone from playing the game? Surely if it works on airplane mode, you could have just ignored any updates after 31st may and continued playing?

Same as they have been doing for a while now I guess, just shut down the multiplayer servers and that's that. The reason this has gained so much attention I guess is that it's the 1st time they have done it on a mobile (apple they whine more) platform????

They post a list of server shut downs monthly almost on their site and for the most part I can agree with them as likely 10 people still play those games online.

Not sure what they would have done here though it's not clear to me at least, where they actually revoking the game wholesale or just killing the multiplayer?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

HOW exactly would EA have done this, if they had followed through? Completely stop everyone from playing the game? Surely if it works on airplane mode, you could have just ignored any updates after 31st may and continued playing?
    The next time you sync with itunes the game would just be pulled from the phone, so you could in theory keep playing forever, but you'd be stuck in airline mode and not able to sync to itunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That's some really slimy corporate BS right there. I'm pretty sure it will be changed soon enough. The good thing is that those clauses of not being able to sue or bring class action cases against a company don't hold any weight outside america. Even in america I'm not sure it's legal, your consumer and legal rights trump anything you agree to in a contract if it infringes on it in most cases.

Read the Eurogamer article. EA were right to back track because what they were trying to do would have put them in major legal trouble.

I don't think that Europeans even have class action suits. so you would need to take your own action, or just request a refund from Apple ( who charge the dev for the entire cost of purchase so keep their 30%. They don't care).
    stevenmu wrote: »
    The next time you sync with itunes the game would just be pulled from the phone, so you could in theory keep playing forever, but you'd be stuck in airline mode and not able to sync to itunes.

Only if Apple remotely pulls, since EA have had to put in their "This doesn't work anymore" alert it seems Apple is not going to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yes but the company also has to refund otherwise it's fraud.

bizarrely, at least in canada, the consumer's rights are almost nil in a lot of cases. it's not like europe where there's reasonable consumer law

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

jailbreak, and keep the installer around.
    Complain under sale of goods act - the EULA isn't legally binding in this country as it isn't a contract. Get a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I can't find the app on iTunes ...

Advertisement