Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entertaining three 35 year old Children in central Dublin

Options
  • 02-05-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've got three lads coming over to visit me next Friday. They'll get into the City Centre at around 9am but I won't get out of work until midday.

I'm stuggling to think of things to suggest that they do for a couple of hours until I can see them. The pubs won't be open and at least one will have a big bag so not sure if a museum will be feasible.

Thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The Chester Beatty has lockers, and a nice café.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

What about a bus tour? It may sound like a bad idea, but they're a good laugh and they'll get to see the city.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Viking Splash tour followed by a pub crawl that evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

+1 on the Viking Splash, its something a bit different and quite good craic. Then the pub afterwards is a must :D

Edit: Also, there is luggage storage in the Global Internet Cafe on O'Connell Street, they could leave their bags there for the day rather than lugging them around

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've got three lads coming over to visit me next Friday. They'll get into the City Centre at around 9am but I won't get out of work until midday.

I'm stuggling to think of things to suggest that they do for a couple of hours until I can see them. The pubs won't be open and at least one will have a big bag so not sure if a museum will be feasible.

Thanks,

Plenty of pubs open at 9am IF they want to go for a drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Are there really plenty of pubs open at that time? I've never been for a beer in Dublin that early!

Cheers for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

There are a few early houses open at that time, tbh I wouldn't go near them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

To be honest if I send them to a bar at that time of day I'll have to go out on my own in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The Chancery Inn on the quays near the Four Courts will supply them with drink. Its a kip but there are worse.

Advertisement