Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Exam!!

• 02-05-2012 4:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hello guys!
    I have some questions for you I'm just wondering what are the questions that are going to be definitely on Maths exam paper 1 & 2 ! :)
    Thanks for your help guys wish you a good day ! :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭skanger

simplify x-1+6y-4 when x=4 and y=3
    Theorem 12 on paper 2
    Differentiate cosx from 1st principles

They're the only definite ones
    how do you expect anyone to know this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

n0ak wrote: »
    Hello guys!
    I have some questions for you I'm just wondering what are the questions that are going to be definitely on Maths exam paper 1 & 2 ! :)
    Thanks for your help guys wish you a good day ! :)

Don't mind above. i presume topics etc. well you probably know by now that paper 1 is divided into algebra q1,2. complex numbers and matrices q3. sequences and series q 4 . binomial and induction q5 and calculus and differentiation q6,7 and integration q8.

Paper 2
    Q1/2 are probability statistics
    3 is the line
    4 is the circle
    5 is trig
    6 is either the theorem construction or cut
    7/8 are trig and probability and stats.

The main topics to cover are algebra and calculus integrationas the first comes up everywhere and the second is 3 questions on paper 1.

Also, focus a lot of your attention to stats and prob and trig. they make up around 35% of your exam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Project Maths so...

"Write an essay on the importance of mathematics. Also, define the term "number"."

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Know your theorems and constructions, I reckon there will be a lot of those on paper 2 because they're old and straightforward.

(I say this but I have yet to go next nor near theorems. I'm hoping to learn them the weekend before paper 2 :P)

Advertisement