Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New connection to Eircom in a house with inactive line

Options
  • 02-05-2012 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have what may be a very naive question and not sure if this is even the right place to ask it.

I have recently moved into a rented house in Dublin 24 which has at least two phone ports, though neither appear to be active. I want to get a broadband connection (as quickly as possible too as I nearly resorted to watching something on RTE last night!) but have no idea how to go about this. I understand that to get eircom broadband I need to get the phone line reactivated and will have to get a phone bundle as well as broadband from them.

If I am honest I do not want the phone bundle so am wondering if it is possible to either (1) get the line connected and get just the broadband package from eircom or (2) just get the line connected so that I can get the broadband from a different company for example Smart Telecom.

Failing all that, can anyone tell me that if I do go with Eircom as the provider does the Ultimate Broadband & Home Phone package which is available for €60 online include the line rental fee or is this extra on top.

Thanks for any light people can shed on this for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

I have what may be a very naive question and not sure if this is even the right place to ask it.

I have recently moved into a rented house in Dublin 24 which has at least two phone ports, though neither appear to be active. I want to get a broadband connection (as quickly as possible too as I nearly resorted to watching something on RTE last night!) but have no idea how to go about this. I understand that to get eircom broadband I need to get the phone line reactivated and will have to get a phone bundle as well as broadband from them.

If I am honest I do not want the phone bundle so am wondering if it is possible to either (1) get the line connected and get just the broadband package from eircom or (2) just get the line connected so that I can get the broadband from a different company for example Smart Telecom.

Failing all that, can anyone tell me that if I do go with Eircom as the provider does the Ultimate Broadband & Home Phone package which is available for €60 online include the line rental fee or is this extra on top.

Thanks for any light people can shed on this for me.

Hi curious6810,

Thanks for your post.

All our new phone and broadband bundle packages include line rental . So for example if you order a phone & broadband bundle for €40 - it will generally include

(i) phone package (normally free calls to local, national landlines (Peak & off Peak),
    (ii) a broadband package (upto *8Mb, or upto *24Mb)
    (iii) and phoneline rental

Line rental of (€25.78 including Vat) is included in the €40 charge. So infact, your broadband and phone package work out about €13 + Vat.

On the otherhand, if you prefer to get broadband alone without a phone package it will cost you almost double this, as you will still have to pay for line rental on top of broadband alone.

You will still need line rental if you choose to go with another provider also (approx' €25)

Even,if you decide you do not want to use your free phone calls or avail of free mobile call minutes (in a package), you will save by opting for a Bundle package.

To answer your last question again. Yes the Ultimate package does include line rental as part of the package.

Also, there is currently a free promotion for a new phoneline and activation. (You may want to take advantage at this at this time as normally €121.93).

If you need clarification on any of this please call a member of the Sales Team or request a call back:

Broadband Sales - 1800503303 freefone

Phone and Broadband Phoneline Bundles

Kind regards,
    Ant

Advertisement