Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History - ROI/NI/Division & Realignment

• 02-05-2012 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi All,

For History I'm studying Government, Economy and Society in R.O.I 1949-1989, Politics and Society in NI 1949-93 and Division and Realingnement in Europe.

Anybody got any suggestions of what might come up in June on each of these sections and any advice on what areas I should be studying or is anybody else doing these areas?....Also, does a social question always come up in the Division/Realignment in Europe question?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭stall_the_ball

MartieG wrote: »
    Hi All,

For History I'm studying Government, Economy and Society in R.O.I 1949-1989, Politics and Society in NI 1949-93 and Division and Realingnement in Europe.

Anybody got any suggestions of what might come up in June on each of these sections and any advice on what areas I should be studying or is anybody else doing these areas?....Also, does a social question always come up in the Division/Realignment in Europe question?

What counts as a social question? Weimar, problems in Germany, Third Republic and Home Front?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MartieG

No, I think you are looking at a different section..

This social section/culture/religion/science is all about literature/criticism, second vatican council, mass media, youth culture, etc?

Any help with my above question?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I dont do that book but I think I understand what you're asking - each book is in 3 sections of politics and administration, society and econoomy, and culture, religion and science (or something very similar).

They dont have to ask a social one but I'm pretty sure the syllabus says they do have to ask at least one essay from two of the three sections - so they could ask one on P&A and three on CR&S if they wanted, and leave out social, but its not likely imo. :)

No, I think you are looking at a different section..

This social section/culture/religion/science is all about literature/criticism, second vatican council, mass media, youth culture, etc?

Any help with my above question?

Thanks

Oh sorry, I read that wrong. Just checked my papers there and I think it does. Except maybe not as a full question...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MartieG

Thanks for that. Yes that's the layout..I find the politics section of this hard to learn, soceity/economy isn't too bad, but I do think the culture/religion/science is the easiest to learn.

Any tips for the other sections I'm doing?Thanks for your help

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Yes that's the layout..I find the politics section of this hard to learn, soceity/economy isn't too bad, but I do think the culture/religion/science is the easiest to learn.

Any tips for the other sections I'm doing?Thanks for your help

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056596905 Have a look here and add to the discussion :D

Advertisement