Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Payment and the Maestro Card

Options
  • 02-05-2012 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Recently I joined the Steam Network, and since there is a sale on for Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Morrowind, I was going to get them and when I seen MasterCard I was wondering if the MasterCard (debit card) variant was acceptable.

The card is a debit card from AIB and works in stores and some online retailers, but never heard about it and Steam, hopefully someone might have had some experience with it.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You might as well give it a go. If it works, you get what you wanted, if it doesn't, nothing lost.

I've had fine results with both physical Visa and those 3V vouchers, if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 EmeraldIlser

Somehow I didn't think of trying it first...and sadly an Irish Maestro card will not work on Steam, looks like I'll be borrowing a mates credit card!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Recently I joined the Steam Network, and since there is a sale on for Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Morrowind, I was going to get them and when I seen MasterCard I was wondering if the MasterCard (debit card) variant was acceptable.

The card is a debit card from AIB and works in stores and some online retailers, but never heard about it and Steam, hopefully someone might have had some experience with it.

Cheers!

If it is an Irish laser card with the maestro logo on it then it will not work with steam. Irish Maestro means you can use your card in any atm with the maestro logo. People often get this mixed up with the english version of maestro which can be used on allot of websites to buy stuff. best bet is to get a pre paid card such as a 3v card or o2 money card.

That is unless one of steams third party payment gateways allow the use of Irish laser, moneybookers is one of these but I am not sure if steam accept moneybookers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 EmeraldIlser

Limericks wrote: »
    If it is an Irish laser card with the maestro logo on it then it will not work with steam. Irish Maestro means you can use your card in any atm with the maestro logo. People often get this mixed up with the english version of maestro which can be used on allot of websites to buy stuff. best bet is to get a pre paid card such as a 3v card or o2 money card.

That is unless one of steams third party payment gateways allow the use of Irish laser, moneybookers is one of these but I am not sure if steam accept moneybookers?

Oh you can use Moneybookers for Steam, cheers for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

I have been using my AIB Laser card with Moneybookers for the last 4 months. Works perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

set up a paypal account and deposit some cash in it

Advertisement