Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned Chemicals in Chemistry

• 02-05-2012 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

Anybody here doing Chemistry going to learn the experiments we can no longer do? I've covered the Organic because there's only a limited amount they can ask but we didn't even study the Experiment on Le Chatelier's Principle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

Anybody here doing Chemistry going to learn the experiments we can no longer do? I've covered the Organic because there's only a limited amount they can ask but we didn't even study the Experiment on Le Chatelier's Principle

learn off the definition.

it could come up in section B.

our chemistry teacher asked us out of the blue on Monday to write the 3 equations associated with the experiment. By coincidence i studied it on Saturday :D and got all 3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

The experiments can still be asked even though we aren't able to do them. The Le Chatelier ones are grand enough from what I remember (haven't looked at equilibrium in a while!) so there's no point not learning them really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Worth noting that Le Chatelier's principle is the #1 most common definition in LC chemistry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Do the equilibrium chapter, its so easy and comes up all the time.

Also, you still have to learn all the banned chemical experiments even though we didn't do them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

Worth noting that Le Chatelier's principle is the #1 most common definition in LC chemistry!

i bet ya t. lyons told ya that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Oh don't worry I know all the definitions its just that particular experiment. Came up last year but I'll give it a look over. Sound!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Oh don't worry I know all the definitions its just that particular experiment. Came up last year but I'll give it a look over. Sound!

Don't count out ethanal or ethanoic acid. they're due up, especially the first. even though they are banned, they can still be asked in theory. Phenolphthalein is also banned but the experiment (vinegar) can also be asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Don't count out ethanal or ethanoic acid. they're due up, especially the first. even though they are banned, they can still be asked in theory. Phenolphthalein is also banned but the experiment (vinegar) can also be asked.

Of course =) decent chance of them popping up this year

Advertisement