Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWS air rifle suppliers Ireland?

Options
  • 02-05-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hey folks does anybody know if there is an RWS distributor in the republic?, looking at a model 34 , cant seem to find anywhere in Eire on google,
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Davey34 wrote: »
    Hey folks does anybody know if there is an RWS distributor in the republic?, looking at a model 34 , cant seem to find anywhere in Eire on google,
    cheers

Not aware of any brand specific air rifle distributors in Ireland, plenty in the UK, but not here.

Most dealers will bring them in for you, but to be honest you're better off just heading to someone with a decent selection and choosing from it unless your need are VERY specific (10m ISSF being the prime example).

Beyond all of that, there are plenty of break barrel rifles which are FAR better than the Diana for little extra cash. Seriously though, don't buy a cheap break barrel or cheap pellets - nothing will put you off air shooting faster. You're far better off to spend €350 than to waste €250. ;)

Recommend a visit to Aim & Swing in Mountnugent - Ian has a whopping selection there and something to cover any budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Davey34

Thanks again Extremetaz, But I heard and read Diana were good?, I didnt think they were cheap, Pats sumatra was gone , but they will order me in what I want , I want something with fibre optic sights , break barrel spring , I tried out a gamo extreme co2 lol f*cking thing jammed straight away , plasticy and wouldnt cock right!!

The Diana is a mainstream model - it'll do the job but there are still plenty better.

I was sighting in a HW90 yesterday for a neighbour and put 5 .177 cal pellets in the same hole at 30 meters (6mm edge to edge).
    Same rifle was producing 12mm groups at 40 meters (and would do better with someone else behind it).

Proper tackdriver of an air rifle that one!

Sorry to hear the Eun Jin was gone - you'd have liked that. ;)

Cheers for your help Taz, il go for the HW90, looks the dogs b*llx, hope my club can order it in I didnt see any Irish distributors for it , any idea of the price dude? , HW90 is what I would go for, do you know the diff between that any the HW90K? ,

The're a little more than you were looking to spend unfortunately. You're looking at around the €500 mark if memory serves.

The 'k' is the karbine - it's a little shorter, that's all.

The lad I mentioned earlier has them - Aim & Swing.

• Advertisement

Cheers mate , il give him a buzz!

Advertisement