Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EXAM QUESTION PLEASE HELP

• 02-05-2012 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Been trying to find this out everywhere but cant seem to find an answer. If i have 30 % out of 50 %from my continous assesment and if i get 10% out of 50% tomorrow in my exam, will i pass the year? Essentially do you HAVE to poass the exam or will your ca marks carry forward and help you pass the year?

Thanks so much

edit:the exams are in arts btw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 Liona

that depends on the module check the book of modules... if it says u have to pass continuous assessment and exam separately then that what you will have to do...

http://www.ucc.ie/modules/

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭hulkeverton

hey thanks, cant quite understand it, this is what it says:

Assessment: Total Marks 100: End of Year Written Examination 70 marks; Continuous Assessment 30 marks (Workshops, 5 marks. Workshop essay 1500- 2500 words, 25 marks.).

Compulsory Elements: End of Year Written Examination; Continuous Assessment.

Pass Standard and any Special Requirements for Passing Module: 40%

End of Year Written Examination Profile: 1 x 1½ hr(s) paper(s).

Requirements for Supplemental Examination: 1 x 1½ hr(s) paper(s) to be taken in Autumn. Marks in passed element(s) of Continuous Assessment are carried forward, Failed element(s) of Continuous Assessment must be repeated (as prescribed by the Department

So i dont understand????? could you please advise me on this as it would really put my mind at rest?

well it does not specifically say that you have to pass your exam to pass the module, however your essay only makes up 25% of your over all mark so lets say you got a 65% in your essay then you already have 16,25% for you your overall mark. Your Exam counts 70% of your overall mark so if i calculated that right (and tbh i havent done math for a while :confused: ) you need at least 34% in your exam to pass the module.

but maybe somebody else wants to check that calculation :p

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭hulkeverton

thank you:)

good luck for it! and i am sure you will pass it anyway!;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement