Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change address on P45 to get Social Welfare?

• 02-05-2012 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi this is a bit complicated,

My friend who retired recently bought a house while he was working to move into for when he retired, when my friend finished his job he signed on changing the address of the old house on their P45 to their new address, and they are getting the social in that new area.(they hadn't moved into the new house yet)

However in the process of moving this person changed their mind for moving and wants to stay where he is.
    (This means getting the social welfare transferred to their old address).

To get the social welfare in their local area that he's staying in will he have to change the address on their P45 to their current address or is that possible and who does he talk to about doing that?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

You don't need to change address on P45. A P45 is not a valid proof of address. If you need proof of address you can supply utility bills, bank statements and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Foodie34

thanks for that, I'm just wondering is it possible to get the address changed on your P45 for other circumstances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Foodie34 wrote: »
    thanks for that, I'm just wondering is it possible to get the address changed on your P45 for other circumstances?

I doubt it, it was correct at the time. There would be no reason to get it changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

No it is not possible to get a P45 changed under any circumstances, it was correct at the time of issue so therefore it will not be changed and any attempt to do so is fraud

It is a legal document that is owned by the revenue and is only issued to you for the purpose of informing your new employer of your entitlements with tax and for the social welfare office if needs be again to show that you are unemployed and what taxes you have contributed

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Foodie34

thats fine, hes not trying to commit fraud its just in any way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement