Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sick of straight friends

Options
  • 02-05-2012 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

hey lgbt folks,

Im just wondering, im a 23 y/o lesbian and i dont have any other lesbian friends. I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND IM NOT LOOKING FOR THAT STUFF, i so pose im not really in the gay scene and stuffs but id like to have gay friends that will get my funny gay jokes and not choke on their cup of tea? i love my friends , 99% of them are straight and i feel there is just a little barrier between us, anyone else feel the same?
    :rolleyes:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

nope.

my friends love me and they provide everything I could need. there is no barrier there.

why would there be a barrier?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Omg I completely feel your pain. I mean I love my straight friends to bits but there is like this section of my life we never talk about and if I do there is a bit of an awkardness. As well as that, there is an understanding barrier. They'll never understand why I don't want to go to some awful meat market club where everyone will be straight and I'll be stuck standing there like an idiot all night. They're just so insular, I regularly hear them saying stuff like 'Why is there no straight pride parade?'. I used to bother explaining but then more awkwardness so I gave up. I'd kill for some more gay friends. Being the only gay girl is hard, no matter how nice your straight friends are.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Gillwill

Yeah I hear ya! Sometimes the straight nights out can just be just excruciating. I also am dating someone and not a big goer of the scene.
    Where are you all from?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 passpow

nope.

my friends love me and they provide everything I could need. there is no barrier there.

why would there be a barrier?

its not so much a barrier, there all cool with my sexuality but there is just somethings that they don't understand you no?

dairymilk wrote: »
    Omg I completely feel your pain. I mean I love my straight friends to bits but there is like this section of my life we never talk about and if I do there is a bit of an awkardness. As well as that, there is an understanding barrier. They'll never understand why I don't want to go to some awful meat market club where everyone will be straight and I'll be stuck standing there like an idiot all night. They're just so insular, I regularly hear them saying stuff like 'Why is there no straight pride parade?'. I used to bother explaining but then more awkwardness so I gave up. I'd kill for some more gay friends. Being the only gay girl is hard, no matter how nice your straight friends are.

preaching to the choir lol :) my friends i have are great like they know my gf and we all hang out but its still obvious that there is a little awkward moment when we kiss like yano and sometimes id like to be out and not get chatted up by men that assume im straight , at least when im out in a gay bar men arent really looking at me but my frnds have this thing that they assume most lesbians bar me lol are animals and there afraid they will get chatted up. some love it but some find it awkward, i understand y as i feel the same in straight clubs but comon i need people who can say ya she is hot isnt she? or i hate when girls do that!
    i just need a few gay frnds who understand me 100% and been tru all the stuff i went through and face the same struggles i do in life as a lesbian....:P

• Advertisement

Gillwill wrote: »
    Yeah I hear ya! Sometimes the straight nights out can just be just excruciating. I also am dating someone and not a big goer of the scene.
    Where are you all from?

ya i get ya, i rearly go out to be on d scene which is prob one the main reasons but i dont see the point uno im happy in my realtionship i just want gay frnds :P lol
    #
    im from cork btw, but im in college in waterford atm, how about you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Passpow, hate to be a pain, but txt speak isn't permitted on boards.ie. Just an FYI as you're new. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jenbaby31

I completely get how you all feel! i'm in a relationship with my girlfriend for 2 years now and were very happy.. we do have our gay nights out but stay very much off the scene! i find straight girlfriends initially can be a bit awkward like they think you might fancy them or you might come onto them etc but i have found once you get to know eachother it's completely cool! my longer standing friends are extremely comfortable we chat about our partners male and female and there's no differentiation... but i think at the end of the day it depends on the person!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

my friends are bright, being straight is not a stumbling block to understanding me. i'd go so far as to say my being american (ish) has been a wider gulf.

Advertisement