Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio and video cassettes

• 02-05-2012 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

I'm still using these, though I fully realise I'm going to have to change over to CDs and DVDs and MP3 and whatever else comes up over the horizon, but just now one of my treasured audio cassettes has got mangled in the machine and it's broken in two places - is there any chance of saving it? The other problem I have with a few of my video cassettes (VHS) is that suddenly they seize up - I've tried fast forwarding and rewinding but to no avail - is there any solution for that?:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

whats on the mangled one? for the video ones you have done the usual but you could try a different machine if you can or pay to have them converted to dvd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭franc 91

The mangled one is unfortunately an original - the audio-cassette that goes with 'Snore' by Michael Rosen and of course it's no longer available. But I think it's possible, with a lot of patience to wind it and join it up again with a small piece of sticky tape ? The videos - some of them are still available, so I could possibly buy them again, but is there a technique of 'freeing' them up? if you see what I mean?

Advertisement