Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where could I sell this?

Options
  • 02-05-2012 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong place, just in a sticky situation.

Basically,

I have two steam gifts of MW3 + Skyrim, sent to a email without a Steam account.
    (Friend sent to my wrong email)

I don't want to make a new Steam account to play them so I'm trying to sell this, but how/where?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

does your friend know you're selling his gifts?

Afaik you can get steam to recall the gifts if they were sent to the wrong mail address. Check the steam official forums for details there.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ThisNoize

does your friend know you're selling his gifts?

Afaik you can get steam to recall the gifts if they were sent to the wrong mail address. Check the steam official forums for details there.

Nope lol but he won't know either.
    Hmm I don't have much time for gaming anymore.

Both games are €110 new. Would be handy to get a few quid.

Well, i'm glad i dont have you on my steam friends list :D

How exactly are ye planning on selling these anyway? Are ye selling the email address? coz I'm fairly certain that nobody with an ounce of intelligence would pay for that. And certainly not 110€ for two games that are at least 6 months out on the market too.

Lol :D

I could possibly create a Steam account (username of buyers choice)
    Then change the email to the buyers.

Oh of course, I'm not trying to get €110.
    I just think they were purchased for that.

I tried to put it up on adverts.ie but it was removed.

In fairness it does sound a bit dodgy. Cant really blame them.

If adverts deleted the ad, then i guess this site is out of the question. Ye could however ask over in adverts if it's possible to sell the way you want to sell.

Personally I'd go word of mouth or.. ye could ye know.. be a nice guy and get steam to give the gifts back to your friend and he could send them onto yourself so you can gift them to whoever or play them yourself.

• Advertisement

In fairness it does sound a bit dodgy. Cant really blame them.

If adverts deleted the ad, then i guess this site is out of the question. Ye could however ask over in adverts if it's possible to sell the way you want to sell.

Personally I'd go word of mouth or.. ye could ye know.. be a nice guy and get steam to give the gifts back to your friend and he could send them onto yourself so you can gift them to whoever or play them yourself.

Yeah I understand why too.
    Thanks for your help anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RarestSolanum

Pretty sure your friend can resend the gift to your proper account.
    From there, you can add them to your inventory, sell them that way.

For actually selling them, you could try sythe.org

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement