Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wheeler dealers last night

• 02-05-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone see the this edd used on the jag last night to clean out the engine fully. What do ye of this thing.

He says its new out. but is there anyone in Ireland doing this yet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Yes, it looked very interesting. First time I've seen anything like that. I wonder if it works for diesel?

I think this is the crowd, not much info on their site:

http://www.terraclean.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Be great to get it used on a car that failed the nct and see how it fair ups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ksimpson wrote: »
    Yes, it looked very interesting. First time I've seen anything like that. I wonder if it works for diesel?

I think this is the crowd, not much info on their site:

http://www.terraclean.co.uk/

Would appear so

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TerraClean-Engine-Decarbonising-Service-/140747208754?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20c52ff832
    Ebay Ad wrote:
    This auction is for a TerraClean Engine Decarbonising service as seen on Wheeler Dealers programme presented by Ed China.
    We are able to offer this service for all vehicles, from cars right through to HGV vehicles and motorhomes.
    This service is available for both diesel and petrol vehicles.
    If you require any further information regarding the product, please contact us and we will be happy to assist.

Dont know how reliable a guy on Ebay is though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

If is suits the Diesels..Does it run through the Turbo as well???

Would it clean off all that soot build up that so often causes the dreaded Limp Mode problems?

Really worth the money if it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭dredg

I'm a little bit wary of a product that a) features on a show in full-on product placement mode and b) has said show presenter on every single page of their website.
    Just saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

dredg wrote: »
    I'm a little bit wary of a product that a) features on a show in full-on product placement mode and b) has said show presenter on every single page of their website.
    Just saying.

http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/f30/full-disclosure-edd-china-works-randstad-terraclean-46057.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

well, thats might be a cure for NCT failed on emission, especially cars with bigger engines,
    @TerraGuys, hope to hear more from you soon, all the best

Got my '00 Yaris petrol done this morning. Seeing as the car has near 132K miles on the clock I thought I'd give it a go and I have to say I'm glad I did.

Straight away I noticed the difference after it was done, before this I had an erratic idle issue, that's gone and idle is now stable. The engine itself is now quieter, acceleration is more responsive, car has more power (this is especially noticeable in 5th gear). I'll keep an eye on it now over the next few days to see what difference this has made to my MPG and will keep you posted on that.
    So far though I'm very happy with the results and for the price you can't go wrong. To anyone thinking about getting it done I say go for it, you won't be disappointed :)

https://www.facebook.com/TerracleanIreland?ref=stream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Got my '00 Yaris petrol done this morning. Seeing as the car has near 132K miles on the clock I thought I'd give it a go and I have to say I'm glad I did.

Straight away I noticed the difference after it was done, before this I had an erratic idle issue, that's gone and idle is now stable. The engine itself is now quieter, acceleration is more responsive, car has more power (this is especially noticeable in 5th gear). I'll keep an eye on it now over the next few days to see what difference this has made to my MPG and will keep you posted on that.
    So far though I'm very happy with the results and for the price you can't go wrong. To anyone thinking about getting it done I say go for it, you won't be disappointed :)
    Where did you get it done over here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

What exactly does this do? I've had someone highly recommend "diptane" to me recently, saying that it's used by Coca Cola fleets, the army etc for years and years. My mechanic said it's good to give a clean out of an old diesel tank as it kills the bacteria but said it's nothing too special with regards fuel saving etc.

Is this thing similar or something completely different?

• Advertisement

advertsfox wrote: »
    Where did you get it done over here?

They come to you, I'll PM you there contact number.
    cormie wrote: »
    What exactly does this do? I've had someone highly recommend "diptane" to me recently, saying that it's used by Coca Cola fleets, the army etc for years and years. My mechanic said it's good to give a clean out of an old diesel tank as it kills the bacteria but said it's nothing too special with regards fuel saving etc.

Is this thing similar or something completely different?

A Terraclean Service will-

- Restore fuel economy
    - Regain vehicle performance
    - Smooth idle by increasing lambda efficiency
    - Save on costly repairs by prolonging componant life
    - give immediate drive-away difference

Have a read for yourself here: http://www.terraclean.co.uk/terraclean%20downloads.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

- Restore fuel economy

Have a read for yourself here: http://www.terraclean.co.uk/terraclean%20downloads.html

Could you PM me their number too please??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

- Restore fuel economy

CAN you pm me the number too and the cost if u dont mind?

heres the youtube link for anyone interested
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKTp2DjugOA

Could you PM me their number too please??

Sent
    CAN you pm me the number too and the cost if u dont mind?

heres the youtube link for anyone interested
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKTp2DjugOA

Sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i am prety sure such thing deserves its own thread. I would love to do that to mazda and scooby too.

hellboy, what sort of money did they charge? do they do this all over ireland?

hellboy, what sort of money did they charge?
    It depends on the car, for my Yaris it was €110 + VAT, money well spent I say given the results I've seen.
    do they do this all over ireland?
    Think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

i am prety sure such thing deserves its own thread. I would love to do that to mazda and scooby too.

Or amended thread title, yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭techie

Sent

Sent

Any chance you PM with it too please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It depends on the car, for my Yaris it was €110 + VAT, money well spent I say given the results I've seen.

Think so.

110eu sounds very very fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Why keep the number and cost private? I think if people are asking for it, it's ok to post? :)

• Advertisement

pm me too. Love to get the punto cleaned out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I found Tuseday nights show with the skyline to be a bit boring, drifting my a...!

I think Mike your a bit too long in the tooth to be seen to be "cool" and in with the boy racer brigade.:p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Why keep the number and cost private? I think if people are asking for it, it's ok to post? :)

Same as that - ain't no schilling going on here.;)

jimmyw wrote: »
    I found Tuseday nights show with the skyline to be a bit boring, drifting my a...!

I think Mike your a bit too long in the tooth to be seen to be "cool" and in with the boy racer brigade.:p.

Same here tbh but the only thing that was exciting for me is that Walton Smith is a friend of a friend :D He's originally from Kilkenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

great show, thought the jeep last week wass class

Last nights was the wasn't the best one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

cena wrote: »
    Last nights was the wasn't the best one
    I expected more out of the Skyline too, I was really looking forward to seeing what they would do with the engine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

At hell boy how long did it take for the yaris?

Sounds interesting remember thinking when I saw this episode that that stuff looked like a good idea, I still wonder naturally!!!

I don't want to be getting into trouble with the mods here, I'm quite happy to PM the details onto people that ask though.

• Advertisement

coolisin wrote: »
    At hell boy how long did it take for the yaris?

Sounds interesting remember thinking when I saw this episode that that stuff looked like a good idea, I still wonder naturally!!!

Just under an hour for my car to get done.

To be honest with you these types of things I would be wary about, "Magic cures" if you will that seem too good to be true and they usually are, my brother is a mechanic and even he was skeptical about it but this does exactly what is says it does.
    I done a lot of reading up on it and read through various other forums to get other peoples views on it that got it done and everything I was reading was positive about it and they were all recommending it. Plus you had it on Wheeler Dealer and Quentin Willson has recently wrote about it too and they're both impressed with it, so I thought "they all can't be wrong" and I'd give it a go.

For me it worked, and I was amazed at the vast improvement it made to my car. I really only got it done to clean the system out as the car has near 132K miles on it and I've decided to hold onto the car now for as long as possible.

In my opinion the price to get my car done was worth every penny given the results, plus when you take into consideration how much it is just to get injectors cleaned at a garage, which is a lot more than this and with this Terraclean service they come to you, my car was done under an hour and everything is cleaned at the one time without having to take things apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

I don't want to be getting into trouble with the mods here, I'm quite happy to PM the details onto people that ask though.
    Hey - I'll happily take a PM off you too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Yes, please PM me also, hope they can do an FTO as I want my car to last as long as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭evanSpiddal

Could I get the number as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭kuro2k

Can you PM the details to me...thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Sounds good hellboy, give us the oul pm please!!
    Might be worth doing in a couple weeks are so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

advertsfox wrote: »
    I expected more out of the Skyline too, I was really looking forward to seeing what they would do with the engine.

me too...they put on a new wing and a bigger intercooler but no dyno tst to show how much it had improved and why didn't they leave their expert judge have a go at the end to show what an expert could do with it?

They also left out the cost of the tracking etc in their list, so I'd say they made a loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 FacebookLAD

PM me too Hellboy.

Sound skin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

corktina wrote: »
    I'd say they made a loss

They always make a loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    corktina wrote: »
    I'd say they made a loss

They always make a loss.

I would say if you were to account for the labour time on the projects, then most times they would show a loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

I enjoy wheeler dealers but that skyline episode was desperate!! They should have refurbed the advan alloys and left the original spoiler alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Hellboy, I would like a PM too please.

Looks like we have might have a lot of interest in this, I wonder if we could get a boards deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    They always make a loss.

they CLAIM to make a profit though... :-)

Edd is doing some work for me soon, well I've asked him to anyway...he's really cheap you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭gerardk55

Got the Terraclean done on the Mazda on Friday last. Very impressed so far, took it to Kilkenny (from Limerick) for wedding straight after, thought there was a smoother throttle response from the engine. Am off the belfast tomorrow so will keep an eye on fuel consumption and report back. So far very happy though. Eugene was spot on to deal with too.

gerardk55 wrote: »
    Got the Terraclean done on the Mazda on Friday last. Very impressed so far, took it to Kilkenny (from Limerick) for wedding straight after, thought there was a smoother throttle response from the engine. Am off the belfast tomorrow so will keep an eye on fuel consumption and report back. So far very happy though. Eugene was spot on to deal with too.

I also got the Terraclean done last Friday but in Cork, Eugene was a busy man! I was also happy with the service on the day

I've been tracking my fuel consumption using the "road trip" app since June 2011, traveling just over 28,000 km so it will be interesting to see if I see any change next Friday when I fill up first time since the treatment.

I also took a interior decibel reading (iphone app again) at idle a few hours before the treatment, I'm going to hold off until Friday to see if there is any reduction in cabin noise

I'll report back Friday..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

Could someone pm me the number for the terraclean i think ill treat the altezza to an early christmas present

gerardk55 wrote: »

What Mazda is it?

pdiddy wrote: »
    Could someone pm me the number for the terraclean i think ill treat the altezza to an early christmas present

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AlanFurl

Hi,
    Could someone PM me the details too?
    Thanks a million.

Jesus lads, here's their Facebook page - Terraclean Ireland

• Advertisement
Advertisement