Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request: WD TV Remote 1.0.1

Options
  • 02-05-2012 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.wdc.wdremote

Official phone\tablet remote application for the WD TV series of media players

I can't seem to grab this, only visible to me through a PC. No results on phone or Ainol Aurora.

Could a member dump the 1.0.1 version .apk, linked above, somewhere online, or attach it to their reply. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Cheers Chet T16.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Working fine through a Huawei E586 attached to a window upstairs. I'm using an Ainol Aurora, running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.. and searching for videos on YouTube, for a relative, on the virtual keyboard, downstairs, sitting in front of the TV.

As long as AP isolation is off on the E586, no further tweaking needed. The WDTV is just 'seen' by the app, more or less instantly.

Neat. Saves me a few bob, no need for a dongle and wireless keyboard.

Searching YouTube using the supplied remote is tiresome and time consuming..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Nice.

I've a samsung smart tv and the remote app is fantastic, when in the smart menu the app icons show on the phone and you can use the phone keyboard to enter text.

I also use this which is great for sharing youtube clips as it comes straight up on the tv

Advertisement