Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old biddies

• 02-05-2012 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Was heading out for a walk there earlier. I had an operation a few weeks ago and tonight is my 1st night getting back into the swing of exercise. I was feeling motivated and positive til I walked by the aul biddy a few doors away. ''You're after getting very stout arent you?'' says the aul biddy:(:(
    Ok she has a point I need to lose some weight but why is it that old people feel the need to say whatever the hell they like. It's not like I could tell her to **** off! This same woman ran out the door 1 time to ask my mam where my husband was. (I'm a single parent btw). Is this 'honesty' just something we have to accept from old people? Anyway my fitness buzz is ruined pass the crisps :pac:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You should have punched her in the fanny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Being able to say what you want is one of the few things about old age I look forward to. You can't get away with any of that stuff now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

I don't see why you couldn't tell her to **** off, old age shouldn't give her a free ticket to be an ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

if you cant take constructive criticism whilst out walking, you should stay in doors. Pass the sausage(s) pls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

ziggy23 wrote: »
    It's not like I could tell her to **** off!

you should have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

You should have punched her in the fanny.

I wouldn't mind she is an obese pensioner:mad:

if you cant take constructive criticism whilst out walking, you should stay in doors. Pass the sausage(s) pls.

Yea but it was hardly constructive criticism. She could have said oh it's good to see you out exercising or something! And stout I hate that word I feel like a little teapot now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Fill the nosey old bag full of rubbish OP.
    Tell her you're bulking up because you're going to be on the Irish olympic sumo wrestling team.

Would u consider urself a fatso or is it jus yer neighbors?

U should of mouthed arnt you dead ?

• Advertisement

Would u consider urself a fatso or is it jus yer neighbors?

Ah I am a fatso but she is twice the size of me. I'm still a ride though;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

****ing grey's. I can't stand them. Ladies of Leisure, floating about town and having ****ing coffee whenever they feel like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Fook her. Let that be your motivation. You're on your way to getting back to a size your happy with and when you do, you can stick it to her. At least you can change yourself to be a shape your happy with with a bit of effort but almost impossible to change someone with a spiteful, ignorant tactless personality, particularly at that age. Old dog new tricks n all that shizzle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Should have said 'Aye love, but not as close to the grave as yourself'

Yes that's what I was doing:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

... why is it that old people feel the need to say whatever the hell they like

Was she wearing a monocle and high-waisted pants?

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Fook her. Let that be your motivation. You're on your way to getting back to a size your happy with and when you do, you can stick it to her. At least you can change yourself to be a shape your happy with with a bit of effort but almost impossible to change someone with a spiteful, ignorant tactless personality, particularly at that age. Old dog new tricks n all that shizzle.

Thank you. Actually thinking about it her family rarely visit her I wonder why!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

I tought the thread title said old diddies.............i dissapoint:(

Was she wearing a monocle and high-waited pants?

No she actually wears this sort of gear. That's why I can't punch her in the fanny:eek:
    http://hippiefairy.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/115682310513_moomoo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Reminds me of the day after i brought my new baby home from hospital and went to visit my granny, first thing she said was 'you've still got a bit of weight to lose'!
    Two days after i had given birth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Tell her she is old and going to die soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

people can be ignorant twats at any age OP, fair dues to you though for being mature enough not to entertain the ignorant bítch!

branbee wrote: »
    Reminds me of the day after i brought my new baby home from hospital and went to visit my granny, first thing she said was 'you've still got a bit of weight to lose'!

My granny said something about my weight when I was a kid (think I was goin through puberty at the time and put on a bit of weight). I ran home and told my mam who ate the head of my granny. She called me skinny Lizzy til they day she died then:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Ah I am a fatso but she is twice the size of me. I'm still a ride though;)

Pics or GTFO

She called you fat? Send her a coffin brochure and tell her to hurry up and die, that the policy you're paying on her is costing a fortune and you need the money to get a Spanish toyboy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

branbee wrote: »

My granny said something about my weight when I was a kid (think I was goin through puberty at the time and put on a bit of weight). I ran home and told my mam who ate the head of my granny. She called me skinny Lizzy til they day she died then:)

Aw bless her! I wouldn't mind but i was wearing size six trousers! I just had a tiny bump which is perfectly natural from pregnancy! Lucky Im not sensitive!

token101 wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO

She called you fat? Send her a coffin brochure and tell her to hurry up and die, that the policy you're paying on her is costing a fortune and you need the money to get a Spanish toyboy ;)
    There are enough pics of me on this but I'm messin about bein a ride:o
    Oh no when I lose the flab a spot of topless sunbathing out my back garden might sent her into cardiac arrest. Actually maybe doin it while I'm fat would work better:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Bob The Nero

The Aulwan next door to me fell out with me cos she thought I said I was as grey as herself when she asked me how I was. all I said was "I'm great and yourself?..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Maldesu wrote: »
    Should have said 'Aye love, but not as close to the grave as yourself'

And then tapped your watch a few times, saying "tick tock".

• Advertisement

I really do think you shud go round there now and tell her to **** *** and that she and her mate are a pair of *****.

You' ll feel much better for it.

I really do think you shud go round there now and tell her to **** *** and that she and her mate are a pair of *****.

You' ll feel much better for it.

Who's her mate?

Who's her mate?

Oh for *** sake, Im trying to help ease your pain and you just hassle me with questions. Shes old right? Shes losin her marbles, right? REPEAT...

Go tell her "you and your mate are a pair of ***** and so is your old man!".

Sorted.

Oh for *** sake, Im trying to help ease your pain and you just hassle me with questions. Shes old right? Shes losin her marbles, right? REPEAT...

Go tell her "you and your mate are a pair of ***** and so is your old man!".

Sorted.

will u go round and do it for me ya grumpy bollix:pac:;)

will u go round and do it for me ya grumpy bollix:pac:;)
    :rolleyes: ...address...??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Typical ould biddy.

Always repeating themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

There are enough pics of me on this but I'm messin about bein a ride:o
    Oh no when I lose the flab a spot of topless sunbathing out my back garden might sent her into cardiac arrest. Actually maybe doin it while I'm fat would work better:pac:
    *Searches for said pics*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Ah, lock the thread on Middle-aged Irish Women, and hope the misogynists migrate over here... Good one, mods!

Degag wrote: »
    *Searches for said pics*

You'll be dissappointed:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

[/QUOTE]
    Oh no when I lose the flab a spot of topless sunbathing out my back garden [/Quote]

Pics or GTFO ;)

You'll be dissappointed:o
    I'm sure you're better than a sock.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

:mad::mad: WHAT'S WRONG WITH SOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

Oh no when I lose the flab a spot of topless sunbathing out my back garden [/Quote]

Pics or GTFO ;)[/QUOTE]
    Get back to me in 6 months;):pac:
    Degag wrote: »
    I'm sure you're better than a sock.....

I hope so:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

You're going topless sunbathing in November?! :eek: :pac:

I hope so:eek:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

What have I learned from this thread? ziggy23 is a lump of a woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

I remember seeing a t-shirt years ago it said

I MIGHT BE FAT
    BUT YOUR UGLY
    AND I CAN DIET

you should buy one and show it to her.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

I was feeling motivated and positive til I walked by the aul biddy a few doors away. ''You're after getting very stout arent you?'' says the aul biddy:(:(
    :pac:

I wouldn't mind she is an obese pensioner:mad:

All you have to say is the following "Yo biddy, im just after an op- and im trying to get back into shape- unlike you! i know your weekly walk to the postoffice is all you have , so your welcome to join me on my run- though i doubt you will make it past the gate" then jog on!

For the record if she dons the bike shorts and the hairband and joins you i am in no way to be blamed!

What have I learned from this thread? ziggy23 is a lump of a woman.
    Yes thank you:eek: Are you that aul biddy up the road?

All you have to say is the following "Yo biddy, im just after an op- and im trying to get back into shape- unlike you! i know your weekly walk to the postoffice is all you have , so your welcome to join me on my run- though i doubt you will make it past the gate" then jog on!

For the record if she dons the bike shorts and the hairband and joins you i am in no way to be blamed!

Just thinking I seen the aul cow up at the shops last week and she was giving out to me for 'flashing my figure' ( I was wearing a t-shirt:rolleyes:) She's out to get me that one:mad:

You're going topless sunbathing in November?! :eek: :pac:

Oh yes sure it'll be our summer then ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement