Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone test a Graphics card for me ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

NeVeR wrote: »
    I bought parts to make a full PC.

It appears the Graphics card is not working - You can see my thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056625976

The guys suggest I get the card tested as I can't get it working.

None of my mates build PCs so if anyone around the Tallaght area has a PC that would be able to take this card http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=55915&agid=1004

Could you help me out ? I can drop it out to ya.

Any advice would be great as well if I could do anything extra to test it.
    If you can make your way up to clondalkin you can see if it works in one of my pc's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

your psu is probably not powerful enough... for any decent gcard to run on a pc you need at least 600watts or better

taken from club 3d's website

"Minimum of 450 Watt or greater power supply
    Club 3D recommends CSP-S600 600 Watt Switching Power Supply"

450w will really struggle as once you add in hard drives and a decent cpu the power left over wont be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

your psu is probably not powerful enough... for any decent gcard to run on a pc you need at least 600watts or better

taken from club 3d's website

"Minimum of 450 Watt or greater power supply
    Club 3D recommends CSP-S600 600 Watt Switching Power Supply"

450w will really struggle as once you add in hard drives and a decent cpu the power left over wont be enough.

450W is easily enough for a 7750.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Also it's a 550 PSU.. and the card worked on my old PC with a 350PSU in it.

I just bought a new motherboard and sell the other one.

Advertisement