Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2ww'ers -Share Symptoms, Let Off Steam etc

Options
  • 02-05-2012 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Hi girls, I thought there used to be a 2 week wait thread but I can't find it now so I decided to start a new one!

I'm cycle day 22 now so about 5 days past ovulation and haven't really got any symptoms to report other than being quite tired at certain times in the evening! Boobs are v sore but I tend to get this every month so nothing odd there. What about others on 2 week wait?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Yellow hen: could you please edit your post into actual English? I genuinely have no idea what you have just posted.

From the charter:
    Posting in "TxtSpk"
    Please don't do this, enough said.
    This includes forum abbreviations such as DD, DS, OH etc. They make reading the forums difficult for those new to them. The parenting forum has been set up to be as inclusive as possible for anyone who is involved with rearing children and we hope to keep it that way. These acronyms are both cliquey and pointless.

Cliquey in that if you're part of the crowd you'll know them and if you don't get them you'll feel like an outsider. This forum is inclusive and these acronyms are not - so don't use them.

Pointless: As J.M. Dodd, Chief Internet Officer of Offbeat Empire said, "Acronyming saves you seconds, and costs readers minutes as they try to translate." - so don't use them. E.g "Son" is three characters, DS is two. Take the time to write the word that everyone understands.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

yellow hen wrote: »
    Hi girls, I thought there used to be a 2ww thread but I can't find it now so I decided to start a new one!

I'm cd22 now so about 5dpo and haven't really got any symptoms to report other than being quite tired at certain times in the evening! Boobs are v sore but I tend to get this every month so nothing odd there. What about others on 2ww?

ok so yellowhen,here we go....I will try to be as clear as possible:)
    I'm 9 days post ovulation
    at 7 days post ovulation I had some strange feelings in my uterus in the pm,only lasted about an hour on and off.
    Breasts are tender since about 4 days post ovulation,a little tired also and I have a cold this week too,I never get colds but shouldn't really suprise me as my daughter goes to pre-school 2 days a week!!
    The one different thing this month is I don't have my usual sharp pains in ovarys and similar pains in uterus post ovulation.I just feel completely normal and pain free which is really great and kinda stops the obsessing(a bit).
    I do have a follow up ultrasound post op tomorrow just to make sure all is still well,I will be 10 days then:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Orion wrote: »
    Yellow hen: could you please edit your post into actual English? I genuinely have no idea what you have just posted.

From the charter:

I'm guessing you don't spend much time on this forum if you've never seen those abbreviations! :p I take your point though and have edited the post. thanks.

meggysmom wrote: »
    ok so yellowhen,here we go....I will try to be as clear as possible:)
    I'm 9 days post ovulation
    at 7 days post ovulation I had some strange feelings in my uterus in the pm,only lasted about an hour on and off.
    Breasts are tender since about 4 days post ovulation,a little tired also and I have a cold this week too,I never get colds but shouldn't really suprise me as my daughter goes to pre-school 2 days a week!!
    The one different thing this month is I don't have my usual sharp pains in ovarys and similar pains in uterus post ovulation.I just feel completely normal and pain free which is really great and kinda stops the obsessing(a bit).
    I do have a follow up ultrasound post op tomorrow just to make sure all is still well,I will be 10 days then:)

Oh good luck with ultrasound, hope all is as it should be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

yellow hen wrote: »
    I'm guessing you don't spend much time on this forum if you've never seen those abbreviations! :p I take your point though and have edited the post. thanks.

Not a huge amount of time no :D

I know the rules are more relaxed in this subforum but just think of someone new to the whole ttc process. They could read that and not understand it and therefore leave this forum. It's in everyone's best interest to have posts understandable :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Oh great - I can talk to people who are as crazy as I am in these 2 weeks!! :p
    I am now 8 days past ovulation and obsessing about every little thing. My main thing this month is that I started on a new injection for ovulation and so I don't know if all my "symptoms" are down to that or whether they could actually be a pregnancy. My boobs are killing me since the day I ovulated and I'm feeling lots of twinges in my abdomen. I also think I've had a metallic taste in my mouth on two occasions over the weekend. I could be dreaming it all up of course - only time will tell! Keep the stories coming ladies..............

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭sonandheir

I was in the same boat,just found out i'm due in jan 2013,was having trouble tracking when i was ovulating due to irregular periods so go the clearblue ovulation monitor and it worked a treat,i had cramps a week before my period was due and had a weird tingling sensation in my boobs,hopefully ye will get good news soon!lots of baby dust yer way!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Got my positive OPK (ovulation prediction kit) on Saturday - also got a second one Sunday morning. So we got busy ;)

Have been feeling so sick ALL day - eating galviscon - and have loads of period like cramps - i'm CD (cycle day) 21, so in theory due AF (aunt flow) in 9 days - I have a good feeling this month - so fingers crossed - I'm praying x

Either it's a good sign or I ate some doggy :)

Baby dust, Baby dust, Baby dust, Baby dust

Oh good luck stickybean! Hope it's your month.

well i'm cycle day 29 today,i don't usually have a cycle this long but ovulation was day 14 this month and I have a 15 day luteal phase.I feel period coming I guess but my temps are super high so i'm a little confused.I wouldn't dare test until period would be late.I have had to many dissapointments,would rather see period than negative if that makes sense.Anyway 1-2 more days to wait,good luck to all:)

• Advertisement

would rather see period than negative if that makes sense.

Totally understand this...am the exact same! Good luck anyways. x

Crossing my fingers for you Meggsmom x

I think I will take your advice this month - and wait till after AF is due (hopefully). A negative can be a real slap in the face, cause deep down you hold out hope that it was wrong - at least with your period it's an answer (not always the one we want but it's closure).

I still have minor cramping this morning - right below my belly button - not sure if that's a good sign, or I am a really bad cook :D

major temp drop this am so looks like period showing any minute today,right on time,I hate ovulating on day 14,that extra day in my cycle is a killer:(.....so bewildered,what to do now???on to testing or give another month?any advice?Had surgary feb 6th,this was our second proper cycle trying....

major temp drop this am so looks like period showing any minute today,right on time,I hate ovulating on day 14,that extra day in my cycle is a killer:(.....so bewildered,what to do now???on to testing or give another month?any advice?Had surgary feb 6th,this was our second proper cycle trying....

Hi stickybean and meggysmom, hope you're still in the running!

afraid not af arrived late last night,this was the longest cycle for me at 30 days really as didn't start to show until 11pm last night so really today is day one of cycle...on to another month I guess:(.....

Chin up! I'll see you back on here in another 2weeks so...

Aw sorry to hear that meggysmom :(

How are you getting on YellowHen?

I am still holding out CD 25 due the witch on the 17/18th of May - we got our positive OPK last weekend so hoping with everything crossed x

Feeling very tired today and a bit moody, but no other symptoms to report!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Hi ladies, I'm on day 22, 9 days past ovulation. We dtd on day 10 and day 13 (ov day) so we might get lucky this month. If not we're going to get very busy every second night next month :)

The waiting is the worst part though. I try to keep it to myself though because I don't want to become a ttc bore!

Good luck How Strange - I'm holding in there with you. CD 26 today - having a few twinges below my belly button and accross my stomach - i've been having a few all day - any obsessing more and more with each one

I promised myself I wouldn't this month.

How long are you going to wait before testing? x

stickybean I think I'm out for this month as my body temp dropped below the cover line today at cd24/11dpo. I'm just waiting for af to start now.

Fingers crossed for you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Vmash

Hi guys,
    Reading through this thread and decided to share my symptoms. I so wished I found it earlier during my two week wait :mad:
    I didn't use any ovulation kit but just watched my cervical mucus and from a period calender I ovulated around day 14/15 which was the 22/23 of April. Had intercourse from the 21 to the 23 (everyday), my symptoms were:
    1-5 dpo (day past ovulation): Nothing really apart from bloating from day 4.
    6-10 dpo: Slight cramps/ twinges, slight nausea, slightly fuller breasts, more bloating, a bit emotional.

11-14 dpo: Had a takeaway and it tasted like metal, I even rang the takeaway to complain about it and then later realised I could be pregnant. My breasts were much fuller and it was obvious because I'm normally a 32B but its increased and my bra was slightly tighter and more again bloating. Biggest change was my temperature, one evening I went from being ok with a slightly elevated temperature to feeling very feverish and then back to normal in the space of 45 mins. Extreme fatigue for about 5 days in a row, I'd get home from work and by 7pm I am flat out on the sofa.

14-17 dpo: Day of period, no show which was a big sign because my period is as regular as clockwork, usually a few hours late but no sign. Breasts still fuller.

18 dpo and 4 days late period took a clearblue digital and it said pregnant 2-3 weeks.

I hope this makes sense, apologies if its a bit scatty but in my defense this is my first time trying to conceive and having to note my symptoms.
    Goodluck to everyone on their two week wait and lots of baby dust sent your way. X :D

Thanks How Strange - bit you're not out yet - so i'll still keep the fingers crossed xxx

Boobs are sore today and I am very moody (other half has said nothing new there :) )

Congrats Vmash - that's fantastic news - and thank you so much for sharing your symptoms with us xxx

I'm officially out! Af has started and for the first time since they came back last sept (when my son was 7 months) I've got cramps.

Anyway, just glad it's started so we can focus on next month.

Baby dust to everyone else!!!!!!!!!

Congrats vmash!

Sorry to hear you're out How Strange. It's almost a relief to have the 2ww over so you can start to focus on moving forward!

:( sorry howstrange :(

Better start planing for next month xx Also some chocolate to help with AF xxxx

Where are you yellow hen? x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Hi girls, im 32weeks pregnant but thought id share my experience.

My 2ww was pretty much just bigger boobs, dull cramps, thought af was on way with cramps and mood and tiredness then 2 days later i got my pregnant 1 to 2 weeks!

stickybean wrote: »
    :( sorry howstrange :(

Better start planing for next month xx Also some chocolate to help with AF xxxx

Where are you yellow hen? x

Hi stickybean, I'm only cd8 so the fun starts here! ;) I have absolutely no expectation for my last clomid month though :( can't explain why but it just doesn't feel like its going to happen.

I see AF is due for you. Everything crossed for you pet. X

Sorry yellow hen - don't know why I thought you were at the other side of the 2ww :)

Due the with in 5 days - oh the suspense and unknown is killing me :D

I have a test up stairs - It keeps haunting me everytime I go into the bathroom - going to hold out till Friday

• Advertisement

javagal wrote: »
    Hi girls, im 32weeks pregnant but thought id share my experience.

My 2ww was pretty much just bigger boobs, dull cramps, thought af was on way with cramps and mood and tiredness then 2 days later i got my pregnant 1 to 2 weeks!

Hey Javal, thanks for sharing, great to see all the previous Trying to conceive girls coming back and sharing ;)

Just a quick question - when did you test? I am hoping to wait till Friday - but dying to know x

Advertisement