Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2ww'ers -Share Symptoms, Let Off Steam etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Hi ladies,
    Well, where to begin........ I am 14 days past ov and this morning I got BFP!! :D BUT, we're not getting too excited yet. I am with Napro and I'm on a lot of drugs. Napro don't want to believe the BFP until Thursday (17 days past ov) - to be sure that all drugs have left my system and that it's not a false BFP.
    Also, I have been struck down with a really bad bout of tonsilitis in the past week and have been on anti-b's and paracetemol since 9 days past ov. I'm afraid that even if this BFP is real it will not last and it will all go horribly wrong. Even though the doc told me that the anti-b's and paracetemol are perfectly safe. I don't know what to think. I'm not really feeling any symptoms. My boobs are less sore than they were a week ago but I'm putting that down to the drugs leaving my system - they're still a bit sore, and I have a few twinges in my lower abdomen. Oh my head is wrecked. Roll on Thursday - just for an answer!
    Babydust to all.............x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Wow Bubbloo - that's super news! BIG CONGRATs xxx

Wow we have a great little thread going here - that's 3 BFP's this month (so far ;) )

So give me some to obsess about here - tell us all your symptoms :) Was this your first test to take this month? Did you get a positive OPK 14 days ago?

Really very happy for all these BFPS :D:D:D
    bubbaloo wrote: »
    Hi ladies,
    Well, where to begin........ I am 14 days past ov and this morning I got BFP!! :D BUT, we're not getting too excited yet. I am with Napro and I'm on a lot of drugs. Napro don't want to believe the BFP until Thursday (17 days past ov) - to be sure that all drugs have left my system and that it's not a false BFP.
    Also, I have been struck down with a really bad bout of tonsilitis in the past week and have been on anti-b's and paracetemol since 9 days past ov. I'm afraid that even if this BFP is real it will not last and it will all go horribly wrong. Even though the doc told me that the anti-b's and paracetemol are perfectly safe. I don't know what to think. I'm not really feeling any symptoms. My boobs are less sore than they were a week ago but I'm putting that down to the drugs leaving my system - they're still a bit sore, and I have a few twinges in my lower abdomen. Oh my head is wrecked. Roll on Thursday - just for an answer!
    Babydust to all.............x

Thanks Stickybean. I'm hoping things will work out but it's very early so we're not getting excited. I will tell you my symptoms but please remember that I am on a lot of fertility drugs which pump my body full of HCG and Progesterone - the two hormones which cause the pregnancy symptoms. Also, I took an Ovitrelle injection this month for the first time so I honestly can't say if my "symptoms" were casued by that or truly by a pregnancy. And also, I have been lucky enough to have a little boy who is now 3, so things like going to the loo might be more relevant to a second pregnancy as things are already stretched "down there" if you know what I mean!! ... but here goes.........

Day 15 of my cycle - positive OPK and really really painful abdomen - so much so we couldn't get down to business that night! Did the deed on days 14, 16 and 17.
    (DPO = days past ovulation)
    3 dpo - massive boobs and really painful and tender
    4 dpo - stabbing pain in my left boob which came and went all day
    From about 3 dpo - definitely noticed myself going to the loo more often
    From about 5 dpo - went off sweet stuff and wanted more savoury food
    10 dpo - MASSIVE nipples, and they were really dark
    10 dpo - one tiny spot of blood, one time, one wipe!
    11dpo - breast tenderness eased off but nipples still dark (although not nearly as big)
    11dpo - cheapie internet test gave me a BFN - I think this means the drugs had left my system.
    11-14 dpo - still have breast tenderness, particularly around the nipple and my boobs have got very veiny. Still going to the loo quite a bit. Still craving savoury instead of sweet - and I would normally chose sweet every time!
    14 dpo - cheapie internet test gave me a faint line. CB Digital gave a BFP (1-2 weeks)

Please don't obsess too much with all of that because as I say, much of that could have been caused by the drugs. But best of luck and babydust to all. I'll keep you posted on whether my BFP progresses.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Congrats Bubaloo!!! Thats great news. Sounds very positive for you so hope all is confirmed later this week.

Stickybean, hang in there :)

I totally understand bubbaloo, and you are probably best to wait till you have seen your GP - but your symptoms look very good, so crossing the fingers your little one hangs in there xxx

I have really loved reading your symptoms - I have major boobie pain / tenderness but no swelling. I have also been so tired the last few days. My appetite seems the same, not sticking to my diet as much.

Today I have AF like pains but my left side - I have had them on and of the last 10 days, they were more like twinges but today they are more crampy. Crossing my fingers and praying it's not AF.

• Advertisement

Thanks Stickybean and the very best of luck to you. The whole thing is such a head wreck -it's a wonder we all don't end up in the looney bin!! When is AF due? Keep us posted..:)

AF is due 17th / 18th - never wanted time to pass as much in my life - and I now have made the mistake of starting to get excited and thinking what could be. I promised myself I wouldn't stress about symptoms this month or get excited - sure I suppose easier said than done!

The more I think about it the more excited I get - my boobies are so sore right now. I have pains all across my stomach below my belly button and I'm exhausted. If i'm not PG I think I need a checkup :D

Fingers crossed for you. I'll be keeping an eye on here for news...x

Finally caved and did a test this morning, got a BFN, absolutely gutted :(

I really wish I had waited. Still no sign of AF, have really sore boobs and cramps which could be symptoms of either.

I am CD 30, AF is due today or tomorrow (my cycle has been 29-31 days).

My head is melted

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

so sorry to hear that stickybean,it's all so hard every month to see bfn or af,it's normal to have all the hope and so frustrating when it's gone,I always have a hard couple days when af shows up and I just want to give up,but then a new cycle starts and I become optimistic again,i'm cycle day 7 and the marathon has started again:)better luck next month,take a few days to relax and be good to yourself:)

• Advertisement

Thanks Meggysmom - I just wish I had waited.

Something about when AF comes at least you have closure, fingers crossed it's a false negative. Trying to be optimistic x

Ah sorry to hear that stickybean. I always found seeing the BFN very hard and am such an impulsive person that I could never wait for AF and was always testing too early. I got tired of seeing the BFNs so stopped testing and now when AF arrives Im generally ok about it. New opportunity to concieve again etc.

Best advice is, dont buy any more pregnancy tests so the temptation to test is gone. Hope the test was wrong but if not, chin up and keep going.

Thanks Yellow Hen - you are so right.

We have one left we said if AF isn't here we will use it on Sunday morning.

Then after that we are buying no more

What is this obsession TTCer's have with POAS (peeing on a stick) Lol!!!

Oh Stickybean I'm so sorry. I think everyone here knows exactly how you feel. It's gutting for you but don't give up. Take whatever time you need to dust yourself off and get back in the saddle! ;) Perseverance will pay off eventually.

I am testament to that. My BFP became official this morning. Napro believe it now and I have started the process of bloods, progesterone support etc.
    I am obviously delighted but very nervous too. It's very early days.
    We have spent 10 years trying to have two children and we're really hoping that this could be it. It took 7 years to have our little boy and the past two years have been hell, trying to give him a sibling. But as I said above, perseverance pays off. Try to be patient, be good to yourself and keep trying. Best of luck...x

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Oh Stickybean I'm so sorry. I think everyone here knows exactly how you feel. It's gutting for you but don't give up. Take whatever time you need to dust yourself off and get back in the saddle! ;) Perseverance will pay off eventually.

I am testament to that. My BFP became official this morning. Napro believe it now and I have started the process of bloods, progesterone support etc.
    I am obviously delighted but very nervous too. It's very early days.
    We have spent 10 years trying to have two children and we're really hoping that this could be it. It took 7 years to have our little boy and the past two years have been hell, trying to give him a sibling. But as I said above, perseverance pays off. Try to be patient, be good to yourself and keep trying. Best of luck...x

Ah congratulations bubaloo. You must be so elated to finally know its positive. :)

congrats bubbaloo,what a great feeling to know for sure:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats bubbaloo!!!

stickybean sorry to hear about your bfn.

Ok im cd17 so think I am now officially in the 2ww zone. Some right ovary pain today do I'm hoping that it's not ovulation this late!
    Anyone else in 2ww?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

So AF is now 5-6 days late ;) so bought a first response pt & got the faintest line so fingers x it gets darker :) did test with first sample so wud have expected it to be a proper yay or nay but suppose will just have to do another test is a day or so. Anyone any recommendations which brand is most sensitive?? Thanks

• Advertisement

Wow - congrats Meshel - Clearblue Digital is usually accurate. :)

wow Meshel - thats GREAT news - congrats pet xxx

Congrats meshel. As previous poster said, clearblue are reliable so lets hope tomorrow that line is that bit stronger. Congrats again!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

Just bought clearblue digital with two pt in it. Couldn't wait till morning so just HAD to use one on of them now ;) and it came up Pregnant 1-2 so im 4wk 2days :D Himself is away for next 5 days so I've no one to tell but OMG I'm super excited :D

congrats meshal great [URL]news:)v[/URL] happy for you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i have very irregular periods, the last one was 13th March.

so i decided on the way home from work today to buy a clearblue for the laugh and to put my mind at easy.

it has bloody told me i am 3+ weeks which according to their website is 5+ weeks. am sitting here by myself, in shock wondering how to tell my husband when he gets home from work at midnight.

we had an ectopic this time last year - head is all over the place

Oh dinner legs - that is good news that you got a positive - sorry to hear you had an etopic pregnancy last year, please God this will be a much better experience for you. Go to your GP as soon as possible and you will get an early scan and they will monitor your progress.

I hope you and your husband are happy - have fun telling him x

Meshel and Dinnerlegs - great news for both of you. Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months for all of us. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well, we are not getting excited or even thinking about it.

i have been on the EPU, and because i am not sure of my dates i have given a date in the middle of June for an early scan.

so until we have that, we are not even going to think about it, its business as normal.

• Advertisement

Meshel and Dinnerlegs congrats!!! Lots of good news here recently. Let's hope it's catching!

Advertisement