Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypothetical. Can I publicly out someone who bounces cheques?

Options
  • 02-05-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

How do,
    In the place I work in, we've recently received 2 cheques from a customer we know that have bounced. Both cheques were transaxed but something was changed on the cheque very subtley that rendered them void. Not sure the ins and outs of what I've just said to be honest (I hate dealing with cheques) but head office say he knew exactly what he was doing and intentionally waited to deal with inexperienced staff and hurried them on, pressuring them.

Now obviously, he's gone with the stock where we know he sells it on to inexperienced buyers, ripping them off from what I gather (I won't get too much into it here). He's always real smirky about it too which really annoys me. Now he's obviously not coming back and this is obviously going down the legal route but we were talking about confronting him about it. All talk obviously, we'd never get in the middle of something like this. We know where he works, it's very upper class and relies on your appearance regarding money more than anything and we were wondering would it be against the law to storm in and demand loudly for the money so everyone can hear?

Now, don't worry, I would never do such a thing. The legal route is been taken I'm sure but it would be a nice feeling all the same. Would there be a law been broken by doing this? Libel or slander? I mean it's all true and he's broken off all other means of communication so I don't see why not? Don't worry, I've counted to 10 and realised sense and decided not to do it but if I had would I be in trouble?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

How do,
    In the place I work in, we've recently received 2 cheques from a customer we know that have bounced. Both cheques were transaxed but something was changed on the cheque very subtley that rendered them void. Not sure the ins and outs of what I've just said to be honest (I hate dealing with cheques) but head office say he knew exactly what he was doing and intentionally waited to deal with inexperienced staff and hurried them on, pressuring them.

Report it to the Gardai so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Report it to the Gardai so.

Oh I assume it has, would just be nice to get a bit of embarrassment in there personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jackdock88

If what you're saying is true, I don't see why you can't out him. At the very least, you may save some other unfortunate person the hassle of dealing with his bounced cheques.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Don't do it here thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement