Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost ecdl cert

Options
  • 02-05-2012 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Where do you go looking for a replacement ECDL cert? I done the course years ago and the training centre I used is not in existence any more.

Is it Fetac who run the exam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Borisss

I don't think you'll ever be asked to produce it nowadays.

I wouldn't worry yourself. Employers generally assume Microsoft Office basics are a given now.

Just have it mentioned on your CV somewhere and you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Thats what I thought!
    But I'm going doing some modules of first year for advanced entry for an Engineering degree and the course cordinator told me if I produce an ECDL cert I can avoid the cost and time of completing one module.

Ripped the bloody house apart looking for it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

contact ECDL directly the've a company in Ireland they may be able to get a copy of your transcript and provide a second copy of yoru cert

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ICS Skills

Hi,

Reissuing certs should be done through the centre you sat your ECDL in but if you centre has closed down as in your case you can contact ICS Skills directly. Contact ICS Skills support at support@ics.ie or call 017753003 with all your details: name, address, contact and the centre where you sat your ECDL.

Regards,
    ICS Support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Emailed ICS just to be told they dont issue certs:mad:..pretty bad service.

Moral of the story dont loose your ecdl cert.

• Advertisement

then why would they register an account to say contact them in the post above? that makes no sense. i'd pick up the phone and ring them to be honest.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Borisss wrote: »
    I don't think you'll ever be asked to produce it nowadays.

I wouldn't worry yourself. Employers generally assume Microsoft Office basics are a given now.

Just have it mentioned on your CV somewhere and you'll be fine.

Read a thing in the paper yesterday that only 20% of marketing graduates have basic MS Office skills.

Just because you've done an essay in Word doesn't mean you actually know how to sue it.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Just because you've done an essay in Word doesn't mean you actually know how to sue it.

that's very true but do they know how to use Office? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,183 ✭✭✭batistuta9

jayteecork wrote: »
    Read a thing in the paper yesterday that only 20% of marketing graduates have basic MS Office skills.

MS Word is a bitch of a program

Advertisement