Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biomedical Science

• 02-05-2012 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing Biomedical science in here and CIT? Really interested in it and would like a bit more info! Where could you be working afterwards? Is there alot of chemistry involved? Are there jobs available at the moment?
    Any answers would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BioDylan

Hey!

I'll be going into my 3rd year of Biomed in UCC/CIT this year.

After 4 years of study you do a 5th year of paid work placement in a hospital laboratory where you will get hands on experience in the various aspects of biomed, which include ; Microbiology, Clinical Biochemistry, Histopathology, Haematology, Transfusion Science, Molecular Biology amongst others :)

Other work options include research and in the food industry, graduates from course are also in an excellent position to pursue a postgrad in medicine.

Chemistry wise, there are 2 chem modules in first year both of which are easier than L.C chem and even if you haven't done chem since J.C it won't be too hard!

As far as I know there is a huge availibilty of jobs as people are always getting sick and people are always needed for research.

Hope this helps :)

Advertisement