Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are you studying?

• 02-05-2012 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Im just starting to freak out. Haven't done much study the past 2weeks due to the orals but im going to start my proper study tomorrow.. and te subject the most i havent gone near is english and its the first exam!! Ugh, how much study are you guys doing now?
    I feel bad even taking an hour break to do exercise or anything!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I finish school at half three, and we've after school study till 9. I'll usually stay until 7.40 or so, but from next week I'll be there till 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Im in the same boat, onl really starting now and dreading English.
    Im trying to do 4 hours monday - friday. (2 blocks of 2 hours, 2 subjects)
    Then 10 hours Sat and Sun
    Dont have a timetable but I'll have a rough guide of what I want to get done that day/week
    Hope it works :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I find it difficult to get the amount of study done after school and I can't spend enough time on a subject. Usually after school I might do 3 hours.
    I'm thinking of taking days off that way I'll have the whole day and might try and do 6/7 hours a day and I'll have time to properly focus on the subjects. Last week I abandoned all my studying with the projects and the french oral.
    I haven't been to the gym in ages either with studying I have to leave it until after now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I find it difficult to get the amount of study done after school and I can't spend enough time on a subject. Usually after school I might do 3 hours.
    I'm thinking of taking days off that way I'll have the whole day and might try and do 6/7 hours a day and I'll have time to properly focus on the subjects. Last week I abandoned all my studying with the projects and the french oral.
    I haven't been to the gym in ages either with studying I have to leave it until after now.

This is exactly me.I do 5-6 hours at the moment and try to fit at least 4 subjects in that.But I need to do more work on some subjects and that is taking up more time.Plus homework is becoming more frequent...Like why?? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

David1994 wrote: »
    This is exactly me.I do 5-6 hours at the moment and try to fit at least 4 subjects in that.But I need to do more work on some subjects and that is taking up more time.Plus homework is becoming more frequent...Like why?? :P

I know, I thought they were meant to lay off the homework now??
    It seems like I get more and more as the days go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

David1994 wrote: »

I don't get homework often . I'm usually quite tired after school which doesn't help so I might not start until 6/7pm. If I took days off I can spend a great amount for time focusing then trying to memorise it properly. Plus I could do more subjects. I usually end up writing it down then leaving it without trying to learn it otherwise. Study leave should be from May rather then just the 2 weeks before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I think that study until say 12 in the night may become more frequent for me as I am currently studying Atomic structure :/ I am the kind of person who doesnt study late but the leaving cert seems to have changed my ways :P

Advertisement