Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3: Week 1 **Simmed**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Raoul wrote: »
    Lads, whoever lost players for the season, can trade with me if other people want for a player in the same position as me. As in Johnson for Peterson. I lost Jackson last season so I know how it can **** up your whole season. What do people think as an idea to make up for the cockup.

Dont be silly Raoul. Honest mistake... things happen... how much for marshawn lynch now Falcons? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Sebastian Victorious Luck

Lads, whoever lost players for the season, can trade with me if other people want for a player in the same position as me. As in Johnson for Peterson. I lost Jackson last season so I know how it can **** up your whole season. What do people think as an idea to make up for the cockup.

theres no point in you messing up your season for one mistake either i guess we could do a poll about advancing the whole season but i dont think everyone would go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I'm thinking, yeah its messy but you made a simple mistake it can happen, you can't just throw away your season out of guilt. It's EA's fault really for making them go out for the season. It's unlucky for redskins as he's a top player....maybe Berty should loan them Davis till the play-offs???:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Meh, mistakes happen

I did the mock draft in AF forum and made mistakes all the time

If a player is out for the season do I get them back for the playoffs? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

I really do think that this would be fair. I would enjoy the season more if other people werent suffering like i did last season because of DeSean. Its only a game so so what if i have a crap season. Better that the two or three other guys get a fair crack at having a good season.

Would really be happy to do it. So if others wouldnt be annoyed...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Meh, mistakes happen

I did the mock draft in AF forum and made mistakes all the time

If a player is out for the season do I get them back for the playoffs? :)

Most optimistic post ever...

No, gone until next season and seeing as how this is our last season you may as well drop him to FA and use the roster spot elsewhere.

In fairness lads injuries happen every week so its not raoul's fault that players got injured.

I really do think that this would be fair. I would enjoy the season more if other people werent suffering like i did last season because of DeSean. Its only a game so so what if i have a crap season. Better that the two or three other guys get a fair crack at having a good season.

Would really be happy to do it. So if others wouldnt be annoyed...

genuinely man its unfair on you youve put in the work setting up the league and last season got destroyed for you i mite look at the non player teams and switch since its the last season that way everyones happy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

maybe the 2 lads should be allowed trade with a CPU team for a player in the position theylost or any other player with the same OVR rating?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

adrian522 wrote: »
    maybe the 2 lads should be allowed trade with a CPU team for a player in the position theylost or any other player with the same OVR rating?

That could be a good idea!

what are the cpu teams and il have a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

That could be a good idea!

You just need to be careful you're not setting a precedent here. Players will be unavailable some weeks and there can be connection problems on others. Either way, there will be more games simmed throughout the season and more players will be lost to injuries due to it - I believe the Giants lost Brees during a sim game down to connection problems last year.

While its very harsh on the lads who've been affected this could lead to a situation where every time a team loses a player during simmed games they look to the CPU teams. This'll further weaken these teams who seem to lose most of the time as it is.

In saying all that, I'm not sure if there is an alternate solution!!!

I think this is a different situation where the games were simmed accidently. If people are having connection problems or just can't get their games organised there should be no comeback.

I don't mind either way but its a terrible way for your season to be decided especially in week 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Think thats a great idea Adrian... I'd say the vikings would be a prime example for a running back (Falcons) and a corner back (Redskins)... to go to the 2 teams...

The vikings wouldnt be allowed to be picked in this season anyway. To many divisions with only 2 players.

There never getting out of there division. I think its fair and would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Think thats a great idea Adrian... I'd say the vikings would be a prime example for a running back (Falcons) and a corner back (Redskins)... to go to the 2 teams...

The vikings wouldnt be allowed to be picked in this season anyway. To many divisions with only 2 players.

There never getting out of there division. I think its fair and would work.

Its a good idea but playing with injuy is also a bit of education. Without brees last year i had to learn to run effectivly and game manage with smith.

Ravens won the division twice and won one wildcard game in the first two seasons of BFL

Realistic more then optimistic
    ibmax wrote: »
    You just need to be careful you're not setting a precedent here. Players will be unavailable some weeks and there can be connection problems on others. Either way, there will be more games simmed throughout the season and more players will be lost to injuries due to it - I believe the Giants lost Brees during a sim game down to connection problems last year.

While its very harsh on the lads who've been affected this could lead to a situation where every time a team loses a player during simmed games they look to the CPU teams. This'll further weaken these teams who seem to lose most of the time as it is.

I understand your point
    But if a game gets simmed during the season it's always agreed or the players have input into it.
    And if one person can't make it the other can play the CPU

I'll go along with whatever the others decide, would have lost to the Bills anyway and Edelman is a good WR for the Ravens but I'm deep there. Ravens don't feel hard done by

However the GM who lost Peterson, that's ridiculously harsh

mikemac1 wrote: »

Ravens won the division twice and won one wildcard game in the first two seasons of BFL

Realistic more then optimistic
    ibmax wrote: »

I understand your point
    But if a game gets simmed during the season it's always agreed or the players have input into it.
    And if one person can't make it the other can play the CPU

I'll go along with whatever the others decide, would have lost to the Bills anyway and Edelman is a good WR is the Ravens but I'm deep there. Ravens don't feel hard done by

However the GM who lost Peterson, that's ridiculously harsh

Your forgetting the falcons lost stephen jackson, thats harsh!

I'm not doing a list here
    Just picked the most obvious example and that was Peterson

Of course there are others, not trying to overlook them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I think Adrian's idea is good. But this is an exceptional situation not a precedent.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Dont be silly Raoul. Honest mistake... things happen... how much for marshawn lynch now Falcons? :pac:

I blame drew brees for Stephen Jacksons injury. Somewhere in new York he is laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

The Stephen Jackson injury sends a message out to teams. Don't play your stars against the Raiders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Yeah I agree with Adrian's suggestion. Definitely a unique situation, and only fair to the lads that they're rosters aren't messed up for the whole season. Good call to replace them with CPU players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

if you start stripping cpu teams then your potentially given people an easier route to the superbowl.

three of the NFC East have a loss now, considering how close we were last year one game between us. this could be the difference this year.

You can't compensate one form of loss and not another.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

empacher i think this is different.
    The reasons for a game getting simmed are connection problems, unable to make the game time etc so the player will have had a chance to play the game.

This case is different, neither player got the chance to play the game and tbh the chance of them getting the same season ending injury in a game aswell as the sim is pretty slim.. However I dont think Raoul should decide as he's the one who fcuked up and will naturally want to help out the 2 lads.

When is Santry back? He wasnt around so should be able to look at it impartially

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

advance the season!

Santry is back Friday

Good game Rob, The Giants will get ya next time!!:)

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Good game Rob, The Giants will get ya next time!!:)

Haha, yeah looked like it was a cracker. Drew Brees was on fire.
    Apparently my 5th receiver Watkins is a redzone target, who knew!

Haha, yeah looked like it was a cracker. Drew Brees was on fire.
    Apparently my 5th receiver Watkins is a redzone target, who knew!

I was looking forward to playing you, seeing that our paths have never crossed, ah well. See you in the Superbowl?

etloveslsd wrote: »
    I was looking forward to playing you, seeing that our paths have never crossed, ah well. See you in the Superbowl?

Yeah was looking forward to playing a different opponent too.
    Had played the AFC South and NFC West enough... no offense lads!

• Advertisement

empacher wrote: »
    if you start stripping cpu teams then your potentially given people an easier route to the superbowl.

three of the NFC East have a loss now, considering how close we were last year one game between us. this could be the difference this year.

You can't compensate one form of loss and not another.

the loss i have no issue with its the injury to my best playmaker and the best cb in the league thats frustrating i gave away 3 90+ players in the trade for him and built my d around him.
    when you miss a game its a risk your taking because you cant make it this means im suffering for another persons mistake thats a bit unfair.

at the same time it would suck to have the cpu teams weakened its nice that they can be competitive and it would suck if they where auto wins for everybody just not a fantastic situation really

i also agree that raoul shouldn't be making the choice on what to do its not fair to him

btw i would just like to emphasize to raoul again no matter how this pans out its not on you man mistakes happen:)

Advertisement