Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3: Week 1 **Simmed**

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I think you have to just leave it as it is. In another league I run we had to sim 4 gameweeks year in order to get the season completed before the next madden came out due to EA scheduling.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Berty44 wrote: »
    I think you have to just leave it as it is. In another league I run we had to sim 4 gameweeks year in order to get the season completed before the next madden came out due to EA scheduling.

To play devils advocate Berty, for the PFL everyone knew that the sim would happen and the risks associated with it (especially over 4 games)
    This was an accident which has resulted in some pretty big impacts for 2 teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Don't see how that makes a difference really. As you can well imagine there were far more injuries in that 4 week sim than there were over just the one week we simmed.

Also the players could well have been injured anyway. Another franchise I had two broken collarbones to key players in a human v human game this week. Both effectively out for the season unless I reach playoffs.

That being said its probably difficult for me to be objetive as I did not suffer any injuries

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Don't see how that makes a difference really. As you can well imagine there were far more injuries in that 4 week sim than there were over just the one week we simmed.

Also the players could well have been injured anyway. Another franchise I had two broken collarbones to key players in a human v human game this week. Both effectively out for the season unless I reach playoffs.

That being said its probably difficult for me to be objetive as I did not suffer any injuries

But everyone knew that that simming was going to happen, in our issue no one knew it was going to happen.
    But I do agree they could have played their games and the same (if unlikely) result could have happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

See where you're coming from Berty, but I agree with Heli. Think this is a once-off thing that was completely unforeseen.
    We're pretty much all starting from scratch at Week 2, and very harsh on the guys that lost players to be without them for a whole season. At the end of the day, it's meant to be enjoyable and I think it's fair enough to allow CPU replacements.
    Thankfully didn't get anyone injured myself, but I can imagine how frustrated I'd be if Cam Newton had gone down in Week 1, or how disappointed you would have been if Revis had been out for the whole season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

After thinking about it I see both sides. What about the people who've lost there first game? There not getting compensation ? ... Its unforunate but GM's can adapt to this.

On the flip side it's only really effecting two coaches with top players out. It's a sim of an entire week which was unplanned. So there's an argument they could be helped out. It wouldn't drastically effect the CPU team. I suggessted the Vikings because they won't be used as a human team this season unless we get 10 people joining the league.

It's a toughy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Main thing now I suppose; is this left up to the commish, or a league-wide vote?

Happy enough with either decision myself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I'm disgusted at what happened, but I don't favour handing people top players as compensation for losing key guys, because that won't compensate all those who lost their simmed game, including me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

I'm leaning towards lets leave it be....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Sebastian Victorious Luck

After thinking about it I see both sides. What about the people who've lost there first game? There not getting compensation ? ... Its unforunate but GM's can adapt to this.

On the flip side it's only really effecting two coaches with top players out. It's a sim of an entire week which was unplanned. So there's an argument they could be helped out. It wouldn't drastically effect the CPU team. I suggessted the Vikings because they won't be used as a human team this season unless we get 10 people joining the league.

It's a toughy!

i lost my best player and my first game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

For what it's worth, I'd have no problem with any of the guys who lost a player for a season getting a similarly rated player from a CPU team. For instance if I had lost Manning for the year through a game that was simmed by an accident I'd be gutted.

A couple of options we could have:

1) The commissioner can decide

2) We could have a private poll (so people don't fall out with others for voting against their views)

I don't know what way it could be decided on who to give who, but for example Iit'd be easy to give Nerd Champ Bailey from the CPU Saints, give Mike Jerome Simpson from the CPU and give the Falcons McFadden from the now CPU Colts.

Yes it would obviously make the CPU teams weaker but they're virtually guaranteed wins for the vast majority in the league anyway.

I know the people who lost the simmed game but didn't lose any players will feel hard done by, but I'm sure you would rather lose 1 simmed game than your star player for the whole season?

Just my two cents anyway.

id like to add in no matter whats decided im not gona get odd at people its just a game at the end of the day and im missin a few weeks anyway this season for hols

is this def the last season?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think raoul and santry need to make this call to be honest.

id like to add in no matter whats decided im not gona get odd at people its just a game at the end of the day and im missin a few weeks anyway this season for hols

is this def the last season?
    Yep, if we stick to the game week schedule we'll finish at the end of July i think. We can do a couple of mini tournies.
    adrian522 wrote: »
    I think raoul and santry need to make this call to be honest.

Not agreed on Raoul, his mistake will mean he's biased towards helping the two lads who lost their star players.
    Thats not fair to everyone else.
    Santry wasnt around, he's been of gallivanting:p so he'll have an objective view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hi lads.

Sorry I am only home from holidays now. Could someone please confirm the players injured for the season due to the sim. Is it WR Robiskie from the Ravens, HB Jackson from the Falcons and CB Peterson from the Redskins?

If I can keep my eyes open long enough tonight I'll post up again in a while after confirmation. If not it'll be tomorrow.

Thanks.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Hi lads.

Sorry I am only home from holidays now. Could someone please confirm the players injured for the season due to the sim. Is it WR Robiskie from the Ravens, HB Jackson from the Falcons and CB Peterson from the Redskins?

If I can keep my eyes open long enough tonight I'll post up again in a while after confirmation. If not it'll be tomorrow.

Thanks.

jackson and peterson i can confirm im not sure about robiskie theres no rush with a decision anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Hi lads.

Thanks.

Yea the Falcons are without Jackson

Can someone confirm them for me? Is it those three players???

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Can someone confirm them for me? Is it those three players???

It's Jackson, Peterson and Edelman (Ravens) mate.

Right lads,

after consideration I have the following to say. This is an unprecedented situation that can't be parallelled to anything else that's ever happened. I believe that the players who have lost key players have been severely handicapped for their season, a lot more handicapped than just having one loss on their record to start it. It is an unfortunate accident. With that, I have decided that we will be transfering a CPU player to the three teams involved in this situation.

Let me re-iterate that this is a one off situation. It will never happen again. The one reason I am for aiding these players is because no one knew this week would be simmed, which is completely different to having an agreement for a couple weeks to be simmed or simming a game because of a bad connection or because a time couldn't be agreed. So let me make it clear, if one of the three situations above was to happen, there would be no help given if one of your players get injured.

The following trades will take place:

Falcons: Steven Jackson -> Jonathan Stewart (Dolphins)
    Redskins: Patrick Peterson -> Champ Bailey (Saints)
    Ravens: Julian Edelman -> Brandon LaFell (Steelers)

Like I said, this is unprecedented and it will not happen again.

• Advertisement

Well done Ben, no doubt it wasn't as easy decision

Advertisement