Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

STOLEN - REWARD BMW 650 GS 2006 - Check it out

• 02-05-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

Guys i hope if anyone could help me to find out where is my brothers bike.. honestly it was stolen in front of BenDunne Gym on Jervis Street

its a blue gray BMW 650 GS 2006
    reg. 06D90175 Dakar
    version the same as on pic - also with the storage on the rear.

you can let me know here or contact me anytime on 0876619698

i am willing to reward in cash any person who will provide me info about the location or help me recover the bike.

Ed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

sorry to hear about that chief. The colour scheme is in your favour though.
    I'll defo keep an eye out.

(southside)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭JDPhotography

surely the gym will have camera footage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

surely the gym will have camera footage?

fotage is there.

2 young guys arriving on scooter with helmets on and driving away after 2 mins - that long time it took them to break th u-lock (expensive) + start the engine without key (bmw-joke)

there is nothing that can lead the gards or us to anything. they said the best thing is to wait if they recover it.

but i know one thing, the power of Boards its strong!

so hoping.

ogriofa wrote: »
    sorry to hear about that chief. The colour scheme is in your favour though.
    I'll defo keep an eye out.

(southside)

thank you. there are no many of them driving in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭JDPhotography

Bikerguy wrote: »
    fotage is there.

2 young guys arriving on scooter with helmets on and driving away after 2 mins - that long time it took them to break th u-lock (expensive) + start the engine without key (bmw-joke)

there is nothing that can lead the gards or us to anything. they said the best thing is to wait if they recover it.

but i know one thing, the power of Boards its strong!

so hoping.

pure shower of bast*rds :mad: , hopefully die roaring

ill keep an eye out, Ashbourne and finglas area's

• Advertisement

pure shower of bast*rds :mad: , hopefully die roaring

ill keep an eye out, Ashbourne and finglas area's

thank you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Ill keep a look out and let all the Garda bikers i work with know.

Nice bike.

Turner wrote: »
    Ill keep a look out and let all the Garda bikers i work with know.

Nice bike.

thanks a lot, that will be very nice of you. (honestly)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Keeping my eye out for it, well on the south side anyway. Hope you get it back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I'm over on the Northside. If I see it I'll contact the guards for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

I think I've seen you around Drogheda / M1 a few times - wearing a checkered reflective police-looking vest? I'll definitely keep an eye out on the North side.

I leave my bike all day just around the corner from Ben Dunnes' Jervis St. Sh*t. I better get a couple of more locks on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Banditoo

Scumbags. I drive all around Dublin for a living will keep my eyes pealed for it in all the usual spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

I was in Gannon's recovery the start of the week there is a red one and one the same as your it has no plates on and a lot of muck looks like it was driven round a field so it might be worth a look

dunner515 wrote: »
    Keeping my eye out for it, well on the south side anyway. Hope you get it back

thanks a lot Mate
    Faith+1 wrote: »
    I'm over on the Northside. If I see it I'll contact the guards for you.

thanks or even call me on the number stated on the first post, i will be quicker then them L:)
    Banditoo wrote: »
    Scumbags. I drive all around Dublin for a living will keep my eyes pealed for it in all the usual spots.

thank you dude
    650gs wrote: »
    I was in Gannon's recovery the start of the week there is a red one and one the same as your it has no plates on and a lot of muck looks like it was driven round a field so it might be worth a look

well the bike was stolen on monday afternoon. its a blue one. exactly the same as on pic provided. I will check it out. iam also keeping eyes on adverts. donedeal, gumtree, etc. just in the case someone is gonna be stupid enough. i will go there tomorrow first thing in the morning and make sure its not the baby we are looking for.

thank you guys for support.

positron wrote: »
    I think I've seen you around Drogheda / M1 a few times - wearing a checkered reflective police-looking vest? I'll definitely keep an eye out on the North side.

I leave my bike all day just around the corner from Ben Dunnes' Jervis St. Sh*t. I better get a couple of more locks on it.

nope the bike was driven mostly in cc and parked over night on patrick street. :(

and be carefull with your bike, i am thinking to get an GPS tracking system, that i can atach to bike and switch on every time i will leave it on the street unatended.

insurance is gonna pay it of (1250e) btw :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

WTF? They are a lot more than that to buy used. How did the insurance company come to that valuation I wonder!

positron wrote: »
    WTF? They are a lot more than that to buy used. How did the insurance company come to that valuation I wonder!

easy--> my brother insured the bike and he didnt check the insurance was covering him only up to 1500e if stolen. 250e is the fee and woalla 1250e result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

who did he insure it with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

How was the insurance company only insuring him up to a certain amount? I thought when you take out a policy you tell them how much the bike was bought for and that's where they get their valuation for the bike (obviously within certain parameters).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,412 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Coyote wrote: »

think I can guess.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Bumping this thread. Hope you find it.

bumping a thread with 2 posts in the last 2 minutes?!

Scrap the cap!

Coyote wrote: »

cant state untill the money will be paid :)
    How was the insurance company only insuring him up to a certain amount? I thought when you take out a policy you tell them how much the bike was bought for and that's where they get their valuation for the bike (obviously within certain parameters).

it may sound strange but he was so happy to get the bike that he just went himself to the insurance company - after speaking to few agents. he didnt make it online, its a bit complicated. He is forein (lOl) and nobody wanted to insure him with his Driver licence - not irish i mean. has Full A for over 6 years. so he was happy enough to get it - quote 700 a year. for the BMW. and he didnt even think about the 1500 cover. he only found out when it happend. L( there was no question asked or anything. but anyway.

the thing is he will got only that, but the chances to recover the bike are getting lower by every day.. :( probably striped off by now and driven by scumbags in the fields :(

That is so odd.

Anyway, hopefully the bike turns up, although as you say yourself, the chances of that happening now (and it still being in decent condition) are very slim.

Well either his licence is valid here or it isn't. I never heard of anyone with a valid EU licence being loaded compared to an Irish licence (most of the EU licences are a lot harder to get!)

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »
    Well either his licence is valid here or it isn't. I never heard of anyone with a valid EU licence being loaded compared to an Irish licence (most of the EU licences are a lot harder to get!)

did i ever mention it was EU? well its not. Brazil mate. thanks

they're not recognised here afaik.

Nope.
    Holders of licences issued by an EU/EEA member state

If you have a driving licence issued by an EU/EEA member state you can drive in Ireland as long as your existing licence is valid. If you wish to exchange your driving licence for an equivalent Irish driving licence, you must do so within 10 years of your driving licence expiring.
    Holders of licences issued by recognised states

Ireland has agreements with certain other countries/states that designates them as recognised states for the purposes of driving licence exchange. These are:
    Australia
    Gibraltar
    Guernsey
    Isle of Man
    Japan
    Jersey
    South Africa
    South Korea
    Switzerland
    New Zealand
    Taiwan

his licence is worthless here. Some other licences (e.g. US) are recognised here for a short term for tourists but not for people resident here.

Scrap the cap!

According to citizensinformation.ie - I'm assuming he resat his test etc. and holds a valid Irish driving licence

It is possible to exchange a driving licence issued by an EU member state or an EEA member state (Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) for a Irish driving licence. It is also possible to exchange a driving licence issued by certain recognised states for an Irish driving licence.

If you are the holder of a driving licences issued by a country that is not recognised for driving licence exchange, you cannot exchange your licence for an Irish licence. You will only get an Irish driving licence after you have gone through the full driver licensing procedure, starting with the driver theory test.

• Advertisement

ninja900 wrote: »
    they're not recognised here afaik.

Nope.

his licence is worthless here. Some other licences (e.g. US) are recognised here for a short term for tourists but not for people resident here.

well he has insurance with his brazil licence, you have to find out how. again he has not irish licence or he didnt make any test... but this TOPIC is about the missing BIKE :)

Advertisement