Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban in Dub City forum

Options
  • 02-05-2012 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

I started a new thread in the Dub forum giving the address of a new Dublin city website. I genuinely thought the website good and that it would be of interest to the readers of the forum. On Sunday at lunchtime i received a PM from Des saying i was permanently banned for posting spam.

I replied on Sunday but have yet to receive a response. I attempted to post in this forum last night but clearly messed up as it didnt appear. Earlier today i sent a second PM to Des but as of now still no response.

Any advice on what next to do. Thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Please be advised that a PM has been sent to moderator Des to inform him of this DRP, and to ask him to contact you in hopes that this issue can be resolved at the first stage PM level of the Dispute Resolution Process.

Please be patient in waiting for his reply, as we are all volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Thanks Black Swan, Des responded to me this morning and I've copied you in on my reply. Thanks for your help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The wording, content, and context of the thread was typical of those that result in site bans from boards.ie, so the ban action by Des appears very consistent with boards policy and practices.

There has been an exchange of PMs between Twenty10, Des, and I, and we have reached an understanding whereby this DRP has been resolved.

Would the Admin please close this DRP and mark it resolved?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement