Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gaming/workstation build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74542374
    Fill out that form and someone will help you more..

Is bank transfer a payment option? You could probably save a good bit by getting from hardwareversand.de

(Love the case ;), but I wouldn't spend that much on a keyboard if it wasn't mechanical.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Ah okay didn't see that sorry:

Budget: ~€2800, to include monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers (and chair!)
    Purpose: Gaming/3D Gaming, 3ds Max/Maya Rendering, DirectX/OpenGL GPU programming, hopefully in stereoscopic 3D :D
    Windows: Yes
    Monitor? Yes, stereoscopic 3D and for xbox, probably the Acer one mentioned 23.6"
    Can pay by Laser/Credit card or bank transfer afaik!
    Purchasing within the next 7-10 days
    Living in Dublin

Yeah I liked the look of that keyboard because of the lit and rubber keys, which feel goood :P

Hmm, just added all those components to a basket on hardwareversand.de, with a price of €2180, but I doubt that includes shipping. I think it's just about worth it still to get built and overclocked on scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

shipping is €19.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Im not sure where you get €2180 from?

Item|Price
    Cooler Master Storm Trooper, ohne Netzteil|€129.53
    ASUS P9X79 PRO, Sockel 2011, ATX, DDR3|€254.89
    Intel Core i7-3930K Retail, ohne Kühler, LGA2011|€510.53
    Corsair Hydro Series H100 (Sockel 775/1156/1366/AM2/AM2+/AM3/FM1)|€88.70
    16GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance Low Profile schwarz 16GB PC3-12800U CL9|€84.62
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 OC, 2GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort|€488.91
    Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX850M, 850Watt|€120.74
    Samsung SSD 830 128GB SATA 6GB's Paper Box|€132.09
    Seagate Barracuda Spinpoint HD204UI 2TB SATA II|€100.62
    LiteOn iHOS104-37 bulk schwarz|€41.99
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€1971.61

+keyboard(dont buy german layout - €43
    +Windows7 -€54.45

its €110 saved, but you build and OC yourself, which is most of the fun. the OC is also 2 clicks of a button. that €111 could be spent on getting a 256gb SSD maybe if you like, think of it that way.

• Advertisement

Shipping is 19 quid, like for everything?! :eek: Hmm, I always thought overclocking was kinda tricky to do right and required a lot of knowing exactly what settings are being changed, is it much simpler these days? I don't want to be melting that processor :pac:
    I am considering building it myself now if it's not too hard and roping in a couple of mates that know what they're doing. I must've messed something up, but I know I was pricing windows at €120, the cheapest premium one on hardwareversand is 85: http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=29181&agid=185 But it seems out of stock and I didn't want them sending me a german one or something

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Overclocking with SB-E isn't as easy as Sandy/Ivy Bridge, but it's not the hardest thing in the world by any means. There's plenty of guides out there, etc.

As for Windows, you can buy any version you want. Just go online, and download an ISO (search for Windows [whatever version you buy] ISO Digital River. It's legit, etc.) and burn that to a disk. You install from that disk, and use the key of the version you got from HWVS. Win7 doesn't care what language you use, as long as the key is valid. That's all you really pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Someone on here will build it/overclock it for you for the price of a cup of tea. Where are you based and someone local will do it. Building is most of the fun!

Aww shucks you guys are cool :D I think I've got three mates in to help with a bit of experience in building, so the four of us should get her built I think! Thanks for all the advice and saving me that money, I will let you know how it turns out!

So I ordered today from Hardwareversand.de, and as I was clicking the order button I realised I had put 32 bit windows in the basket instead of 64 bit. Dammit.

I found it kind of annoying to use the site because the bits that are in english are google translate english I think which is difficult to decipher. I have mailed them to say I need to cancel the order and re-order with 64bit windows. Think they will understand and respond in English?

Also I didn't realise this but how the hell do I pay by credit card? I got my loan put onto my credit card and the bank dude said its sometimes difficult to transfer that much from a credit card back to a bank account so was I sure I wanted it on the credit card and I was like "yeah of course". Now I think I need it in the bank, I'm guessing I need to go into the bank, and fill out a form to transfer from my card to their account right?

Their payment email makes no sense to me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

So I ordered today from Hardwareversand.de, and as I was clicking the order button I realised I had put 32 bit windows in the basket instead of 64 bit. Dammit.

I found it kind of annoying to use the site because the bits that are in english are google translate english I think which is difficult to decipher. I have mailed them to say I need to cancel the order and re-order with 64bit windows. Think they will understand and respond in English?

Also I didn't realise this but how the hell do I pay by credit card? I got my loan put onto my credit card and the bank dude said its sometimes difficult to transfer that much from a credit card back to a bank account so was I sure I wanted it on the credit card and I was like "yeah of course". Now I think I need it in the bank, I'm guessing I need to go into the bank, and fill out a form to transfer from my card to their account right?

Their payment email makes no sense to me :(

Go into the bank with that email and tell them you want to transfer the funds to that account and then hand them the piece of paper with the email on it and they will do the rest for you.

I'm not 100%, but I believe you could still use the serial from the 32Bit on a 64Bit software. I may be wrong, but yes. They will email back in english, and if you even want to call them they have english speakers.
    Great customer service.

Sweet thanks a lot :D

So I finally got to pay. I didn't realise you could only do a bank transfer from a bank account and not a credit card, and apparently the only way to get the funds off the card is to withdraw 700 a day from it....I certainly took the long way round but hopefully all will be okay and I'll be up and running by next week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

If you have online banking (virtually all accounts do) you can just set up a transfer that way.

Advertisement